Where to go for 10 hour service around Fort Pierce, FL

Just bought a 2007 Challenger 180. I bought froma dealer in West Palm and do not especially want to drive over an hour every time I want to get maintenance. Anyone know of a closer dealer?

Also, the tech where I bought the boat (Palm Beach Cycles) indicated that they have seen no issue with the Ceramic Washers on the SC since BRP increased the thickness (07?). When I asked about changing them out, he recommended that I not. I have a four year warranty on it. He figured if they fail, warranty wil cover it. I have no clue what to believe. Anyone else in the same...ahem...boat?

Thanks.

Well I would think they are lying personally, especially since the 07's have been failing faster than any other year from my understanding, mine failed under 15 hrs for example, and there have been many others who have had similar problems.

The warranty has been all but worthless for me (bad dealer) so I wouldnt put all my faith in that either, as easy as those washers are to change I would never drive another one of these without changing them first.

I hate gambling...

Thanks for the replies guys.

I am a little worried about digging into a brand new engine bay without the proper tools. If I replace the metal washers myself (assuming I can rent a torque wrench) won't my warranty be voided?

I tried to have the dealer replace the washers before I took delivery and they assured me I was being crazy. Now I am completely paranoid about even driving the boat. I won't be over 3/4 throttle until after my 10 hours service. I guess I am going to roll the dice until at least the 10 hours and then have the dealer replace the washers. They quoted me $90 for the washers and two hours service when I ordered the boat.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by clpsuite View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys.

I am a little worried about digging into a brand new engine bay without the proper tools. If I replace the metal washers myself (assuming I can rent a torque wrench) won't my warranty be voided?

I tried to have the dealer replace the washers before I took delivery and they assured me I was being crazy. Now I am completely paranoid about even driving the boat. I won't be over 3/4 throttle until after my 10 hours service. I guess I am going to roll the dice until at least the 10 hours and then have the dealer replace the washers. They quoted me $90 for the washers and two hours service when I ordered the boat.

You can remove the supercharger yourself. Its easy to do. Trust me !
    This is my first 4-tec engine and I removed it [S/C] in 15 minutes. I didn't put any hours on my ski until I changed them.
    I would highly advise you change them before you ride anymore. really..
    Send the supercharger to Jerry and have him change them out with his washers.
    This preventative maintenance on replacing the ceramic washers is cheap insurance considering the failure and damage that can incur on this motor from the ceramic washers failing/breaking.
    Plus with Jerry doing it, you can assure it is done RIGHT ! I can't trust the dealerships....imho

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    You can remove the supercharger yourself. Its easy to do. Trust me !
    This is my first 4-tec engine and I removed it [S/C] in 15 minutes. I didn't put any hours on my ski until I changed them.
    I would highly advise you change them before you ride anymore. really..
    Send the supercharger to Jerry and have him change them out with his washers.
    This preventative maintenance on replacing the ceramic washers is cheap insurance considering the failure and damage that can incur on this motor from the ceramic washers failing/breaking.
    Plus with Jerry doing it, you can assure it is done RIGHT ! I can't trust the dealerships....imho

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1182137501 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1182137501 http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/atta...1&d=1182137501

Anyone have any idea on how long it takes to get the SC back...if I am adventurous enough to remove it and send it to Jerry? Also, if I am already sending over the SC, any opinions on upgrades I should consider at the same time (ceramic bearings, performance parts, etc.)?

+1

Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post

So...the consensus is:

"Suck it up you baby and follow the freaking directions."

Gulp.

Any other thoughts on performance upgrades while this SC if off? Why not.

You could have Jerry throw a green wheel on that charger while he has it, that would be a nice bump. Also when removing the supercharger follow the directions EXCEPT since your an 07 you most likely do not have the external torx bolts like the directions list (thank god for that) which makes it alot easier since a normal metric wrench will fit the bolt on top that is normally a pain. I think it was either 8 or 10 mm, it also had normal internal torx if you wanted to use that.

Thread Information