Bogging and Sputtering

FIRST I would like to thank Jerry for his work on 2 SC's i send to him. Fast, quality service!!! OK, now that I have changed my SC washers, i am having a problem with my motor sputtering and bogging mostly when getting on the throttle. changed the plugs and that didnt help. awhile ago I had water all inside my hull from a waterbox problem...could that have gotten something wet that would cause that? it also acts up when the boat takes an impact from chop or wave jumping. if anyone has any ideas please throw them out there....i appreciate it!!!

possibly water in your intake manifold. also, the s/c isnt designed to handle jumping wake. that is what causes the ceramic washers to break. the stress of the s/c going from 40,000rpm in air to suddenly about 12,000rpm upon impact puts an enormous amount of stress of the washers, causing them to shatter.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by KDSD731 View Post
    possibly water in your intake manifold. also, the s/c isnt designed to handle jumping wake. that is what causes the ceramic washers to break. the stress of the s/c going from 40,000rpm in air to suddenly about 12,000rpm upon impact puts an enormous amount of stress of the washers, causing them to shatter.
    I think he has metal washers in there now so that would not be a problem at all....

You may have water in the fuel....Burn it ALL off and put a tank full of fresh 91-93 octane in there and see...This used to happen to me, it was one of the coil packs seal was broken and was letting water in when I washed the engine and fouled a plug....Check your coil plugs....If you need a set I have one I can sell you....The other thing I can think of is the key....maybe you need a new one or have yours reprogrammed....I also had this problem........

Thread Information