Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Anyone Who Has A S/c Sea Doo

S/c Sea Doos Are Not Designed To Be Jumped.
    Te S/c Spins At About 40,000rpm While In Air, And Drops Instanlty To About 12,000rpm When It Hits The Water. The Instant Stress Put On The S/c Ceramic Washers Often Times Shatters Them. If Your Boat Loses Top Speed And Rpm. Removed The Fresh Air Intake Hose Into S/c And Try And Spin The Impeller. If It Free Spins, The Ceramics Washers Have Been Sucked Inside The Engine. At This Point, Lots Of Damage Has Occured. About $2,800.00 Worth. The Engine Must Be Torn Down To The Crankshaft. I Have Rebuilt Many 4-tecs. At Least 20. I Have Never Had One In Which I Did Not Replace:
    Mag/pto Cover
    Oil Seperator
    Both Oil Pumps With Covers.
    I Replace The Oil Cooler
    And Most Often Times The Plain Bearings
    Occasionally A Crankshaft
    Now, In Most Cases, Bombardier Covers All This Damage And The Rebuild. It Is Free For The Customer. It Is Usually Covered Under An Emissions Warranty Up To 250 Hours or 4 years from purchase date, which ever comes first. Bring Your Boat To A Good Certified Sea Doo Dealer. If There Not Going To Do A Tear Down, There Not Good.
    Also, Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In S/c Engines. This Was A Service Bulletin From Sea Doo. It Doesnt Give The S/c Clutch Enough Friction And Fries It.

I Dont Recommend After Market Intakes On S/c Engines.
    It Can Put An Excessive Load On S/c Clutch During Deceleteration Causing Ceramics Washers To Fall Apart.
    Last edited by KDSD731; 07-07-2007 at 08:55 PM.

dude your kinda late in this game bro......p.s. we dont use ceramic washers around here

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by KDSD731 View Post
    Te S/c Spins At About 40,000rpm While In Air, And Drops Instanlty To About 12,000rpm When It Hits The Water. The Instant Stress Put On The S/c Ceramic Washers Often Times Shatters Them. If Your Boat Loses Top Speed And Rpm. Removed The Fresh Air Intake Hose Into S/c And Try And Spin The Impeller. If It Free Spins, The Ceramics Washers Have Been Sucked Inside The Engine. At This Point, Lots Of Damage Has Occured. About $2,800.00 Worth. The Engine Must Be Torn Down To The Crankshaft. I Have Rebuilt Many 4-tecs. At Least 20. I Have Never Had One In Which I Did Not Replace:
    Mag/pto Cover
    Oil Seperator
    I Replace The Oil Cooler
    And Most Often Times The Plai Bearings
    Now, In Most Cases, Bombardier Covers All This Damage And The Rebuild. It Is Free For The Customer. It Is Usually Covered Under An Emissions Warranty Up To 250 Hours. Bring Your Boat To A Good Certified Sea Doo Dealer. If There Not Going To Do A Tear Down, There Not Good.
    Also, Do Not Use Synthetic Oil In S/c Engines. This Was A Service Bulletin From Sea Doo. It Doesnt Give The S/c Clutch Enough Friction And Fries It.

It Can Put An Excessive Load On S/c Clutch During Deceleteration Causing Ceramics Washers To Fall Apart.
    This info is about 1.5 years old....
    Yes, if the dealer is not willing to open the engine for a complete repair....RUN AWAY and find one that will. Never reinstall Ceramic S/C clutches. Buy steels from G/H.....................

no need to break the man`s balls... he is fairly new in the forum.

KDS, welcome aboard and thanks for the tip! This just adds to the info on this site! ...PR...

He mentions a good theory I have nto heard before about the RPMs the SC is spinning at when you jump and then when you hit the water. I wonder if this causes soem other time of damage over time.

hey thanks KDS I did not know that about jumping.I am new here also

I Have Rebuilt Many 4-tecs. At Least 20.

its always good to have an extra mecanic here on our forum
    post away inquiyering minds want to know

Altho it has been mentioned many times before I want to thank you for your post, so thanks

It's perfectly fine after you get the ceramic washers replaced with Jerry's washers or the new Riva metal washers. Bullet proof it even more with the addition of the '06 spec heavy duty clutch and ceramic bearings.

+1
    Mag/pto Cover
    Oil Seperator
    I Replace The Oil Cooler
    And Most Often Times The Plai Bearings
    Now, In Most Cases, Bombardier Covers All This Damage And The Rebuild. It Is Free For The Customer. It Is Usually Covered Under An Emissions Warranty Up To 250 Hours. Bring Your Boat To A Good Certified Sea Doo Dealer. If There Not Going To Do A Tear Down, There Not Good.

Welcome to the fourm. Thanks for ur knowlege. Keep it comming.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information