Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Now i really can't decide.

Well, i have been trying to decide over the last few weeks which ski to get. Today me and my wife went to riva to look at them for the first time and now i am really not sure. I thought the rxp would be the one, but after talking with some riva guys and seeing the 250 ultra in person i don't know anymore. Even the rxt is now a possibility. This will be our first ski and i am trying to get the right one. When going in the store i was already sold on the rxp, but i was told for ocean use in light chop the rxt would be better. There would only be 2 of us on it and it seems like the rxp would be more fun so do i need the longer ski and is the loss of the vts a big deal. There is also the new ultra to think about. I don't know guys, i am new to this so any advise or opinions would be great. It would be used in both lake and ocean. Thanks for the help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mksmi View Post
    Well, i have been trying to decide over the last few weeks which ski to get. Today me and my wife went to riva to look at them for the first time and now i am really not sure. I thought the rxp would be the one, but after talking with some riva guys and seeing the 250 ultra in person i don't know anymore. Even the rxt is now a possibility. This will be our first ski and i am trying to get the right one. When going in the store i was already sold on the rxp, but i was told for ocean use in light chop the rxt would be better. There would only be 2 of us on it and it seems like the rxp would be more fun so do i need the longer ski and is the loss of the vts a big deal. There is also the new ultra to think about. I don't know guys, i am new to this so any advise or opinions would be great. It would be used in both lake and ocean. Thanks for the help.
    just get a ski and all will be alright

+1
    First of all welcome to the fourms. Ahh another close rider. I'm in sunrise. We got about 6 or so people we ride with mostly ocean. Lakes tend to get boring . I mean with the nice looking water its excellent to just ride in ocean. I have a rxp . Now when i ride with my girl to tell u the truth i don't like it that much.But thats just me i like to be more daring and i like to stand alot when i ride its hard when u have a seciond rider with u. rxp is more of a wet ride. But i got to tell u i would not trade it for the world. the rxt is awsome also. Just i rather have the smaller ski. now you are correct for ocean riding the rxt will perform better in the chop.. But if ur in the ocean and u like to jump waves and what not get the rxp. Now the ultra will suck more gas then both of theses skis and it has a 22 gallon tank i believe compared to the 16.5 gallon. to me its really ur choice they are all excellent in there own ways u just have to make the choice. Me rxp all the way. I wouldn't mind having a 3 seater as a backup. But i think in 08 ill have the rxp and ill still keep my 06 rxp. Good luck with ur choice. Please look me and everyone else up in the southeast Section when u do decide So we can get together and have some fun.

Definately the RXT...much better handling in the rough ocean especially riding 2 up. Even with 2 adults my wife and I have tipped over getting off balance occasionally. No problem, we just let go and the ski pops back up. The tipping is more pronounced on an RXP with two adults. I don't recommend the Ultra because of the gas mileage...great ski, heavy, pretty and stable but that 20 gal tank runs dry pretty quickly. I can get 70 miles on my RXT's 16 gallon tank even with a few mods.

+1
    Same here about 70 miles and 5 hours plus riding. On the rxp.I have never fell over with my girl on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Definately the RXT...much better handling in the rough ocean especially riding 2 up. Even with 2 adults my wife and I have tipped over getting off balance occasionally. No problem, we just let go and the ski pops back up. The tipping is more pronounced on an RXP with two adults. I don't recommend the Ultra because of the gas mileage...great ski, heavy, pretty and stable but that 20 gal tank runs dry pretty quickly. I can get 70 miles on my RXT's 16 gallon tank even with a few mods.
    my shit turns over with 2 on, even more with 6 on, i just tell them to get off, its only shallow were we go, but at sea its a different piece of chit

+1
    Welcome to the forum !

Thanks for the info guys. I am in Tamarac, but work in sunrise not far from you adam. I keep going back and forth on which one. I keep looking at the brochures for both. The rxt does have more storage, but i don't know if i really need all of it. Where is the storage on the rxp. I t says it only has 10 cf. Anymore opinions would be great.

+1
    Thanks for the info guys. I am in Tamarac, but work in sunrise not far from you adam. I keep going back and forth on which one. I keep looking at the brochures for both. The rxt does have more storage, but i don't know if i really need all of it. Where is the storage on the rxp. I t says it only has 10 cf. Anymore opinions would be great.
    if youv'e got the wife a 3 seater is up your street, i like the 3 seater for fishing

+1
    I too live in Sunrise and ride with Adam all the time. I bought the 2007 RXT since I have a wife and kids. I rode Adam's RXP and I can tell the RXT is lot more stable and dryer. I was thinking of getting the Ultra 250x as well but read all the posts of people getting rid of them because the gas mileage sucks on those. If I was single or had a seperate ski for my wife I would have bought the RXP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information