Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1

CR9EIX - Suitable replacement?

http://www.ngk.com/results_appOther....=190353&mfid=1

I wonder if NGK's system pulls automatic cross references..."options" for a particular plug fit, but not considering real world application. I wonder if ngk would take on liability if their site indicates a plug is suitable and is not, being this is an application guide, and if a problem occured.

For example, the Ultra LX calls for CR9EK's which if you look close on this next link, the application is now for the LX, but shows the same plugs to use as the 250 application guide does.....and the iridiums pop up at the top of the list to boot, just as they do for the 250X linked above.

http://www.ngk.com/results_appOther....=190354&mfid=1

I asked RBB and i think he said he checked the proper heat range and other factors...i have not got around to it myself. Then Skip and someone else posted only use the PMR9B's without any reasoning behind it to my recollection.

I personally don't see a reason that they would not work, (assuming the only difference is electrode), at least off the top of my head.

Does anyone have any, or has been given reasoning why CR9EIX's are NOT suitable for the 250X?

I dont have any reason nor was given a valid one. The best explanation was if they find a plug in the ski that does not show up as the stock plug then engine failure may not be covered.

Since this plug is rated top of line then there is little room to say a better plug is available. Maybe a cheaper one but not a better one.

We are only looking for alternatives because of the failure rate. If they would last as long as they should be then the recommended ones would not be an issue.

Still if ya can find a match for less then go for it but when you can Id put back in the factory recommended ones.

I first tested these plugs back in April:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23702

I noticed no performance gain or loss. They is a slight visual difference, but the overall paramaters are the same. Even though they cost less I find it hard to believe that they are in inferior plug. It is hard to beat Iridium for detonation resistance and spark kernal blow out.

I really dropped the issue after a member told me that I was pretty much an idiot and said it would unconditionally void the warranty.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboJimmy View Post
    I really dropped the issue after a member told me that I was pretty much an idiot and said it would unconditionally void the warranty.
    LOL, are you still running the CR9's today? Honesty please!

Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    LOL, are you still running the CR9's today? Honesty please!
    Uh...no?

Quote Originally Posted by TurboJimmy View Post
    I first tested these plugs back in April:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=23702

I hope that member wasnt me.

Been around for years...seen it all Kawi-Guy's Avatar
    +1
    Might have been me,
    I still feel that a warranty issue would arise if your engine fails and you show up with 4 "non-authorized plugs" in your ski.
    If they officially oK the plugs I'll buy 2 sets of them tomorrow, but I will wait and see

There has been all this discussion on the plugs.... it is becoming just as bad as the whole oil thing....

Has anyone checked with their dealer and see what their book says? Do their books say that more than one plug is acceptable like the NGK website does?

Just a thought.

I dont see how putting a plug that is designed for the Ultra 250 can void your warranty. If we cant get the Doubble Platnum's then damit use the Iridiums. Just my 2 cents. I havent read anywhere in my operators manual that I cant use a different brand plug or different type that is designed for the Ultra. Seems to me you can use any one of the 3 from NGK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawi-Guy View Post
    Might have been me,
    I still feel that a warranty issue would arise if your engine fails and you show up with 4 "non-authorized plugs" in your ski.
    If they officially oK the plugs I'll buy 2 sets of them tomorrow, but I will wait and see
    Before you get to the dealer put your shitty factory ones in there, then blame your failure on the plugs that failed at WOT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information