just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar

I tried something FYI

I measured my washer that goes between the impeller and stator, the step was .073, I took it out one time, ran back to back test, with out it I lost 1.4 MPH. put it back it. speed came right back.
    So On that thought....
    I cut some real nice stainless steel shims. Just like the inside step on the washer, I fitted them in the washer and put them in.
    I tried it today in real rough water (lake was full of baots and tubers).. Ithe hole shot seemed REAL Good (BETTER Much). rpms down about 90-100 ... I could not get WOT for very long, Water to rough, but It seemed to BITE a lot harder.
    I put two .004 washers in by the way. total of .008. I will know more tomarrow.

I have also played with this for a little while. I had a prop which the back of the hub was over 100 thousands away from stator section hole shot seemed the same and top end was a tad faster, but the boats over 80 I think will have more of the bucking issue, However since the pressure release valves are out some can try this and see what happens.. The thing I did like about this is it moved the prop blades away from the stator section causing no cavitation burns in the 05 pump so it does save the viens in the pump.

+1
    the ultra 150 pump is shimmable to increse desired performance

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Well I ran my 1390 hard today against a rxp.. I beat him but top end was slower... but hole shot even with full tank of fuel was real good.quicker BUT keep in mind this is my back up prop. and it is a 14/21.5 normal is 15/25..
    The thing that made me wonder is my rpms where only 7080 with this prop. and .008 shim in the impeller.
    I am going to pull .004 out and see where it takes me... while I am shipping my good impeller out to have The CHIT done on it.

Heck I have to do something....beating the "new bees" (guys that just buy rxp, and rxt 's and think their fast ) is getting boring... so I have to do something to intertain me .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    the ultra 150 pump is shimmable to increse desired performance
    I believe the Ultra pump liner is tapered so that shimming the prop decreases prop to liner clearence. Completely different.

+1
    Yes sir it is

Thread Information