RXT w/ Riva stage 1 or 2 kits questions

Father in law is buying a 2006 RXT. I'm paying for any mods he wants done to the boat. I'm thinking sponsons, grate, no wedge, solas prop, opas block offs, air intake kit and finger throttle conversion. Basically a stage 1 kit minus the pump wedge. Anyone with this kit care to comment on performance? I'm not planning to put on the blow off valve that Riva recommends. Will this set up run 68, how is acceleration and how is the handling in choppy water? Is there a big performance advantage by adding the intercooler and thru hull exhaust? Is anyone running the blow off valve with the stage 1 or 2 kits? Thanks.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'd say run the wedge personally...

but yea, u'll see 68 EASILY with that setup...

I agree with Shibby the wedge helps because the RXT does not have the adjustable trim like the RXP.

Make sure it floats first.

No seriously, keep us updated on the mods. Im watching this thread as im considering some mods myself. Maybe.. if it floats.

I'm running a blow off valve. Don't really know if its working, hard to tell. I do know that air comes out of it when I play with the throttle. It's weird I thought air was only suppose to come out of it when you let off the throttle. Don't know about the RXT with the kits but as far as handling goes on a RXP slap on the intake grate, sponsons and pro block offs and trim that baby down and it will handle great.

You will definitely see performance increases with the stage 1 or stage 2 kits. If you are thinking about the stage 1 by the time you know you want the stage 1 you'll start to think about a stage 2.

According to the Dyno numbers posted on the Riva site the IC makes the biggest difference. Riva claims the cooler brings air temps down 50 deg. over stock. After pulling the stock IC out I can see why. The stock IC is small and restrictive. I believe the external IC makes the most HP difference, and that's why people are paying over $1k for it. I'm in the process of putting on a level 2 kit, which includes the IC. My stock RXP has run a best of 69.5 GPS on flat water. I'm hoping the kit brings me to 75.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    and after you have all that, you'll be impatiently waiting for a stage 3

Shibby, your right about that. I find adding mods is addicting. Hopefully the stage 2 mods will be part of the stage 3. I've heard Riva is adding an ECU with some "trick" programming, but we'll have to wait and see. So far I'm impressed with the stage 2, from an installation point of view. I can't wait to the weather warms up to try it out.

Thread Information