Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

98 GP1200 Trim Tabs

Hey Guys /Gals! Having a bit of an issue with a buddys gp. Installed aluminum trim tab ends about a month ago. I was under the ski last night & saw both of the plastic ones broken off. I looked on the Yamaha parts finder & didnt see them anywhere. Does anyone make aluminum ones ? Or does anyone have suggestions as to what I should do ? Thanks !

Cool

riva and protec make them i am suprised your plastic ones are still there metal ones will gain you a bit of top end speed as well.

I'm a bit confused....did you install the aluminum tabs with the plastics tabs or replace the plastic with the aluminum? The aluminum tabs were meant to replace the plastic for the very reason you mentioned....the plastic breaks and falls off. If you installed the aluminum tabs while the plastic ones were still in place (ie after, in series with), repair the holes and finish removing the plastic tabs, then install the aluminum tabs. If you bought the tabs meant for the 1997 GP, I can't figure out how you got them on with the plastics still mounted to the hull. I can envision the shorter '98-99 tabs mounting up behind the plastic tabs though.
    Mike

Jacrae,
    I just re-read your post....did you install Riva drop trim tabs? If so disregard what I said, and just replace the broken plastic tabs with Riva or Pro-tec or Tau-ceti if you can find them.
    Mike

Thanks for all the responses! Just to clarify. I installed Tau ceti trim tab extentions in back of the stock plastic ones. Do they still make aluminum replacements for the plastic ones, or do I need to remove the extentions & install the late 98 /99 style tabs? Does anyone have these items for sale?? Thanks again!

+1
    if he's got plastic, he's got early 98 hull. You'll need the early 98 larger tabs. The tau ceti's have nothing to do with the equation..they are for turning and short runs on chop because you have to keep the trigger pulled to keep them down.

I've got a set of brand new Tau-ceti aluminum trim tabs (replacements for the plastic), I might be willing to part with.....make me an offer.
    These are for the '97-early'98 GP's. Never installed, just removed from the factory packaging, even have the original instructions.
    Mike

Thanks Mike. How much do you want & how soon can I see them?? I would like to have this ski ready for Saturday. You can contact me tomorrow 9-5 EST 518-463-4649 . Jack

Jacrae,
    I'll call you today...
    Mike

I will be expecting your call. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information