Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    I suffer from waverunneritis!!!! PWCManiac's Avatar

OMG! MY XLT's STARTER WENT BAD!!!

Guys, I need u guys now more than ever. I go on vacations NEXT SATURDAY & my starter decides to take a dump this morning. I rode all day yesterday. It was fine. I was going to ride again today & when I went to start it at home before leaving, it just spun freely. Doesnt reach the flywheel! Is it a pain in the a$$ to take out on these 1200's? Anyone have a used starter u want to sell that u can overnight to me? Any & all help would be apreciated. I've taken the starter off of my 760 & my 800 before but they were both 2 cylinder engines. This monster seems alot tighter than those lil' engines. I hope I get some responses soon. Thanks guys!

Sounds like you're in the same boat as me...

Everyone says (and I believe too) that it's the Bendix and not the starter.

....and yes, it is a PITA to get out. I haven't done mine yet, but thats what I'll be doing in a few days. I haven't decided if I'm going to pull the engine out or try to do it in the boat.

If you still need I have a starter and a bendix.. Used off a gpr1200 2001..

Everyone tells me the same thng. The bendix, but the bendix isnt sold seperately. I was just out there for about 40 minutes trying to get a hold of the screws but no luck. I'm gonna have to take apart the headers atleast. Hey sponge, gimme a good price on bendix/starter. Alright, I'm gonna go back outsde to start the process. Here goes nothing.........

The bendix is yama part number 6M6-8183E-01-00

You don't need to buy it with the starter...

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzK View Post
    The bendix is yama part number 6M6-8183E-01-00

You don't need to buy it with the starter...
    Thanks BlitzK. I'll have to take it apart 1st to make sure tht it is indeed the bendix which I'm 99% sure thats what it is but I want to be 100% before I order it. Thanks man.

+1
    If the starter is turning over fine, but not turning over the engine then it is the bendix. It is a pain to take out, but not impossible.

good luck man, and be sure to post any tricks you learn by doing it.

I'll probably start tearing into mine tomorrow!

I'm installing a Dplate too... anything else I should be doing or looking at while I got everything apart???

Hey if you want pm me what part your goin to need. If you want can send out tomorrow..

Guys, when it rains, it pours. I was half way taking apart my exhaust when my buddy calls me that his trailer's tire blew & he has no spare. Guess who had to help? Moi ofcourse. I had to go to my grandparents house where I keep my dual trailer, jack it up, get one of those tires & get on the expressway to take him the spare. Now I'm back, no progress yet, about to get the exhaust off & waiting on my mechanic to call me. Why my mechanic? I've simply cussed so much, frustrated the hell outta myself & hurt my arms so much that I was already convinced that all waverunners are the same bull$h!t & that as soon as I fix it, I'm selling it & not to return to the sport again. Luckily I had to go help my friend with the flat tire & it gave me time to come to my senses.

See here's the problem, exactly one week before my vacations last year, both my GP's had problems, one was the exhaust, the other was the stator & I couldn't enjoy my vacations. Now I'm faced with a similar situation exactly one week before my vacations. The problem itself is B/S but the labor is kicking me in the @$$ + I'm moving this week. I don't have time to even scratch, none the less fix my waverunner. I'm stuck in a predicament where I have no choice but to drop it off at my mechanic. I'll take apart as much $h!t as possble so the labor isn't that expensive. Other than that, there's not much else I can do. I know it's the bendix so that's what i'll tell him.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information