Intake Grate epoxy/silicone issues

Installed the Riva top loader.

Took the ski out of the water and when flushing/cleaning, I noticed the bottom of the grate (back end with three holes) petruding out the bottom of the hull.

The grommets (brass) came completely out of the plastic black mounting holes. WTF?

1) What epoxy should I use to anchor the grommets BACK into the plastic mounting bracket?

2) what's the best silicone to use for the bolts and edges of the grate installation? The stuff I used made a holy mess and dried way to quickly to get a good application.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    Installed the Riva top loader.

Took the ski out of the water and when flushing/cleaning, I noticed the bottom of the grate (back end with three holes) petruding out the bottom of the hull.

The grommets (brass) came completely out of the plastic black mounting holes. WTF?

1) What epoxy should I use to anchor the grommets BACK into the plastic mounting bracket?

2) what's the best silicone to use for the bolts and edges of the grate installation? The stuff I used made a holy mess and dried way to quickly to get a good application.
    dont silicone or epoxy the grate on, just look at the rear 6mm bolt that screws into the alloy ride plate, take some time to notice that you can make 2 more holes thru the grate to get into the ride plate alloy webb, youll need a good drill a tap and 2, 6mm countersunk, stainless setscrews

+1
    knearle the inserts with a dremel tool and put JB weld in and let it dry24 hrs with a light under it.

Thread Information