Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

3.3 mph, Riva plate and the wedge together

95 deg
    80% hum
    0 mph wind
    HOTA AS HELL!

Water so warm it was better to be out of it then in it. The worst possible test day I could have chosen.

Stock plate and wedge VS Riva plate and wedge was a 3.3mph differance.

Fuel maintained at half tank. Just makes it easy at a half.

Handling????? This test was with the wedge, something Riva said I needed to get rid of but I chose to do testing with it.

Gotta get going but will be back on tonight.

I hope the production units are has good has yours! Thanks for the info Skip

+1
    Thats a bunch .

+1
    Okay,
    so the handling with the stock plate and wedge is a bit compromised, but very predictable.

How about with the Riva plate?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    95 deg
    80% hum
    0 mph wind
    HOTA AS HELL!

Water so warm it was better to be out of it then in it. The worst possible test day I could have chosen.

Stock plate and wedge VS Riva plate and wedge was a 3.3mph differance.

Fuel maintained at half tank. Just makes it easy at a half.

Handling????? This test was with the wedge, something Riva said I needed to get rid of but I chose to do testing with it.

Gotta get going but will be back on tonight.
    I guess maybe I'll leave the wedge in for the first test after I get mine.
    hey Riva......... get cookin and ship those plates!!!!

Looking good. Waiting to hear more when you have a chance on the handling etc.

what was the speed without the wedge and just the plate.

Thanks for your testing Skip.

Looks like RIva plate for me!! Thanks skip

Skip you are the man, great info.

Testing was only done with the wedge today. No buoy riding for handling report. As I was riding with smooth turns and easy gliding turns I saw no bad effects. Still it was not sharp turning.

I was running speeds with and with the stock plate. All testing was at half a tank so numbers may yield higher once I start running it at a third or empty.

Next I will be running the ride plate without the wedge.

So when I say I got a 3.3 mph gain then its being Conservative. Also keep in mind that the casting is not smooth so I'm sure Jim is going to get more out of this Riva plate.

Ride is high now and chop is starting to be our enemy. Unlike the modded stocks this plate has a strong angle from pump to fin with an extend tail for stability. It does not do the nose bobbing as the modded stock plates but does lift the hull exposing air closer to the intake.

I cant say enough good stuff about my first runs. Didn't have much time and the oil issue is coming back to haunt me.

Lets just say that gas takes up volume and rises the oil levels to a point of spooing all over the place. So back to the drawing board on this one... Gotta find a way to control the oil.

Ride plate yielded better speeds and higher RPM's. Riva had been promising that the plate was a home run without loosing handling. Seems as though they did alot of home work on this one.

I get you more as I get time to tinker with this one. I'm expecting a 2 to 2.5 gain with out the wedge. Ill figure it all out before its available and you'll be able to see the real deal not the phone sale pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Testing was only done with the wedge today. No buoy riding for handling report. As I was riding with smooth turns and easy gliding turns I saw no bad effects. Still it was not sharp turning.

I was running speeds with and with the stock plate. All testing was at half a tank so numbers may yield higher once I start running it at a third or empty.

Next I will be running the ride plate without the wedge.

So when I say I got a 3.3 mph gain then its being Conservative. Also keep in mind that the casting is not smooth so I'm sure Jim is going to get more out of this Riva plate.

Ride is high now and chop is starting to be our enemy. Unlike the modded stocks this plate has a strong angle from pump to fin with an extend tail for stability. It does not do the nose bobbing as the modded stock plates but does lift the hull exposing air closer to the intake.

I cant say enough good stuff about my first runs. Didn't have much time and the oil issue is coming back to haunt me.

Lets just say that gas takes up volume and rises the oil levels to a point of spooing all over the place. So back to the drawing board on this one... Gotta find a way to control the oil.

Ride plate yielded better speeds and higher RPM's. Riva had been promising that the plate was a home run without loosing handling. Seems as though they did alot of home work on this one.

I get you more as I get time to tinker with this one. I'm expecting a 2 to 2.5 gain with out the wedge. Ill figure it all out before its available and you'll be able to see the real deal not the phone sale pitch.
    Thanks for the info

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information