Thread: pulled to sc

pulled to sc

just pulled the sc the washers are still there grabbed the gear an turned the nut with a torque wrench spun very easy think the washers are bad
    set it at 10 lbs an still turned

10 inch/lbs or 10 ft/lbs?

I also need to check this when I fit Jerry's washers that are in the post.
    I see on page 190 of the workshop manual that it is supposed to be checked when mounted on the PTO housing by removing the engine rocker cover and inserting a camshaft locking tool. Can the slipping moment be checked when the SC is off the engine, and if so what is the locking procedure to imobilise the impellor prior to checking the clutch slipping moment? I have attached the page from the manual below.
    Slipping Moment.doc

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrible View Post
    I also need to check this when I fit Jerry's washers that are in the post.
    I see on page 190 of the workshop manual that it is supposed to be checked when mounted on the PTO housing by removing the engine rocker cover and inserting a camshaft locking tool. Can the slipping moment be checked when the SC is off the engine, and if so what is the locking procedure to imobilise the impellor prior to checking the clutch slipping moment? I have attached the page from the manual below.
    Slipping Moment.doc
    you can check it in a vise, be sure to put pleanty of rags round the gear, and downt over tighten

Quote Originally Posted by Orrible View Post
    Can the slipping moment be checked when the SC is off the engine, and if so what is the locking procedure to imobilise the impellor prior to checking the clutch slipping moment?
    Yes, with two people it will be much easier. Take a large pair of pliers and wrap a towell around the gear and hold it with the pliers. Then, check the slip the same way as if it was installed. Just make sure the gear is not turning while checking the slip.

i guess im checking it wrong going to look at the link still very new to all this still have both washers but the ski is still only running at 7400 rpmscant figure that out

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Yes, with two people it will be much easier. Take a large pair of pliers and wrap a towell around the gear and hold it with the pliers. Then, check the slip the same way as if it was installed. Just make sure the gear is not turning while checking the slip.
    Thanks for the info guys. I thought that was probably how it would have to be done, but I wondered if there was a key on the gear to hold with a tool. I'll use the rag method in a vice, but I'm concerned about damaging the cog.

Tony, If you are only getting 7400RPM I wouldn't muck about, change the clutch washers. There is a good chance that the clutch is slipping, and while you can check the slipping moment as the guys have advised with the 'Rag method' I wouldn't put the SC back in the ski without changing the discs to metal. (Assuming you haven't already)
    How many hours have you done? You may have wear in the spring washers as well.
    You will find lots of helpful info on this site, with a search of SC.
    Jerry has all the parts at this link:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...ex&cPath=18_63
    Last edited by Orrible; 07-08-2007 at 10:23 PM.

thanks ..the link didnt work but the ski has 56 hrs on it an havent changed anything yet putting in riva washers as soon as i give jerry some info

Thread Information