Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: stock rxp

stock rxp

raced a "stock" rxp tonight or so the guy said... i don't know if i have my parts listed but i have riva heads/controller/dynafly14/20/pumpseal/vf3 reads with 5 hours on them/riva race filter/r and d ride plate/800 intake/ d plate... i was dead even with him in slight 8 inch chop the first run.. then i barely creeped ahead of him going back over againsn't the waives the second run.. but he got about a ski length ahead of me the first time and just stayed dead even at that.. my thoughts are i should be plenty faster than that. my efi settings are 3/4/2/8

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    where were you RPMS? what ski are you running? 1200 , 1300 1390, 1490? do you have a jet works? is it set to open at 3000rpms? do you have a gps?
    these are my thoughts. to beat a stock rxp you have to be turnning 72 mph to make it seen.. they do 70 (69.8 out of the box) it is hard to see 1 mph. and you have to have your jet works set correctly. and have your plugs and pipe clear and ready to go...... my thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    where were you RPMS? what ski are you running? 1200 , 1300 1390, 1490? do you have a jet works? is it set to open at 3000rpms? do you have a gps?
    these are my thoughts. to beat a stock rxp you have to be turnning 72 mph to make it seen.. they do 70 (69.8 out of the box) it is hard to see 1 mph. and you have to have your jet works set correctly. and have your plugs and pipe clear and ready to go...... my thoughts
    They don't run that fast out of the box......

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    They don't run that fast out of the box......
    I was quoting watercraft mag. may issue?

heck did you see the specs on the new "wake" from seadoo?it is spec'ed out at the same speed (top end) as the new kawi... they all run just short of 70 mph. the differance is the kawi runs 0-30 at 1.8 and the rxt runs like 2.2 0 to 30. but the new WAKE runs the same as the new kawi. On Top end +- .3 mph Just what watercraft mag says.
    ????? they could be wrong?

To my understanding, top speed for PWC is under "control" Of a gentelmans agreement (hand shake deal) with the Coast Guard.. Jerry was talking about it the other day..
    Last edited by great lakes gpr 1200; 07-09-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: spelling

I am talking from personal experience. My buddie has a stock RXP and we gps'd it at 67.x mph over and over again on smooth to light chop water. The 250x doesn't run faster than the RXP. It is in the 66mph range I think.

Either way I beat both of those skis in stock form. I have roughly what he has minus the head but plus the FF Plate from Jim.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 07-09-2007 at 12:34 AM.

I am talking from personal experience. My buddie has a stock RXP and we gps'd it at 67.x mph over and over again on smooth to light chop water. The 250x doesn't run faster than the RXP. It is in the 66mph range I think.

Either way I beat both of those skis in stock form. I have roughly what he has minus the head but plus the FF Plate from Jim.
    here is the storie I was reading out of.. in the mag... This is not the whole thing that was in print , but it does state top speed of the 250x being 69 mph?

http://www.watercraftworld.com/output.cfm?id=1241533

cool man. I beat them too

Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    here is the storie I was reading out of.. in the mag... This is not the whole thing that was in print , but it does state top speed of the 250x being 69 mph?

http://www.watercraftworld.com/output.cfm?id=1241533
    Well watercraftworld can say they got that number all they want but I know I put more of a hurt on a 250x than an RXP. I would say a RXT and 250x would be a good race.

Oh that and the fact everyone is posting lower speeds than that over on the Kawi side of the forum

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information