Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Saga Continues, Hull Upside Down. OUCH!

Finally got the engine out, hood, steering, This really looks like something out of the salvage yard...

The damage is repairable, this just takes a lot of hours in labor. Hopefully to have the glass on this weekend.

Definetely hit something. Looks like it started in the front maybe a rock or something and then that was the straw that broke the camels back. It just peeled it from that point.

I didn't have a 180 dollar pwc sling so I improvised a little.

Without the engine it still weighs a ton! With the money saved from the total, I hopefully will be purchasing an 08 RXP.

Question for u guys. have you seen cracks on the gelcote in the pump area. From the point that the shaft comes through going towards the rear. I can see a fine crack line about 12 inches long inside the pump area Do I have to repair that too?

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0660.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	557.2 KB 
ID:	30702   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6611.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	1,015.0 KB 
ID:	30703   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6623.JPG 
Views:	353 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	30704   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6624.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	30705  

+1
    I doubt you hit something... it started just infront of the strake? Tear out the fuel tank,cut out the tub and the problem will be obvious.
    Last edited by jawz; 07-08-2007 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Addition

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    So Jaws, you don't think whatever he keeps running over has anything to do with it. Notice how the streaks and scrapes continue over the rideplate area. It started up front at the bottom of the "V" of the hull where you continuously beach the craft or something. Notice all the nicks and bare metal showing on the intake bars, guess that's from hull flex also. I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for one pic of a delaminated hull that didn't look like someone was jumping sand bars with it. Got zero responces and I'm still waiting.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-09-2007 at 12:03 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    So Jaws, you don't think whatever he keeps running over has anything to do with it. Notice how the streaks and scrapes continue over the rideplate area. It started up front at the bottom of the "V" of the hull where you continuously beach the craft or something.

Nope.
    Jawz knows what a very few folks know...these hulls have issues.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Mark, I added to the original post while you were commenting. They may have issues. The front windshield of my truck has the same problem. When a rock hits it a crack appears. The faster i drive the bigger the cracks get. I think Ford should address this issue. One pic of a delaminated hull with out scrapes, thats all I ask.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-09-2007 at 12:12 AM.

That hull looks horrible, it definately hit something. I've been following all these posts including the dissection of the hull posts, and I have to agree with NCHeel, lets see this happen to a hull with normal wear and tear, not a hull that has been abused

THE OFFICAL SUPERDUTY!!!!!! superduty's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Mark, I added to the original post while you were commenting. They may have issues. The front windshield of my truck has the same problem. When a rock hits it a crack appears. The faster i drive the bigger the cracks get. I think Ford should address this issue. One pic of a delaminated hull with out scrapes, thats all I ask.

you have a good point and water the the most powerful force on the planet sooo................

+1
    • I can show you 10,000 skis with scrapes way worse than any of the ones shown on all these post. NONE delaminate.
    • IDENTICAL delaminating hull pictures than have been posted... Do you really believe that these hulls have all hit something the same way???
    • Guess what. There is a "foot" inside the hull between the two pieces. Guess where it sits??? Right at that point where every one of those hull delam.
    • SeaDoo has a history of delaminating hulls as far back as the 1997-1998 XPL. The entire side of them pulled off in SHEETS similar to what is happening on these
    • I've seen inside the hulls. There is a huge problem.
    Blame it on "rocks" all you want.

+1
    you have a good point and water the the most powerful force on the planet sooo................

I thaught that my wife when she was P.M.S.ing took that award...

DE laminated hull.. not hitting something did that damage.. Although hitting something usually does not help much..
    Try your dealership and see if they will help you... It might help to clean up the area around your rideplate... (so they have no excuses).. Tell them your hull delaminated @ the "foot" or whatever it actually is called.. You are not the first to have this problem.. Go into your dealer and SOUND LIKE YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT... Do some reserch.. I find dealers "NOT ALL OF THEM" but some of them will give you the run around if it sounds like you don't know what the heck you are talking about..
    Might help....

So for those of you that are dealers or have close ties with dealers, what is BRP's opinion or thought of this problem? Or are they playing dumb like they do with the ceramic washers, blown water boxes, failed SC bearings etc....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information