is there a special way ? domes

im sticking the topend gaskets an stuff back on .

iv noticed they are cut different on the top and bottom , one is bigger than the othere .

which side is suspose 2 get the bigger slot ? the exhuast or intake side

cant beleive how much trouble im haveing with the cly orings , are they suspose 2 be a pain in the ass 2 get it lined up or are those sbt s kits for ya ? they seem 2 big

Quote Originally Posted by 97sltx1050 View Post

iv noticed they are cut different on the top and bottom , one is bigger than the othere .

cant beleive how much trouble im haveing with the cly orings , are they suspose 2 be a pain in the ass 2 get it lined up or are those sbt s kits for ya ? they seem 2 big
    The heads should be marked "EX" for the exhaust side. I believe its the smaller slot toward the exhaust. The SBT o rings work fine (stock inners are rediculously expensive)...I've run several sets, including both of my tripple pipers...You can use some thick grease on them to hold them in place before bolting up the head...it wont hurt anything. You defintely need to be careful with them...if you stretch the o rings, they will be tough to keep in the grooves.

+1
    Try putting the o-rings in the freezer for 15 min. this will shrink them just a tad...but get them put in quick after removing from the freezer...they don't take long to thaw.

+1

The O rings should lay perfectly into the grooves with maybe a touch of grease to hold them into place.
    I've never had to stretch, freeze or otherwise modify the seal for proper fitment.
    If they seem too large (a picture would be nice), some high dollar parts puller probably grabbed the wrong rings.

cool , good thing we check are forums before we go 2 work , its my day off an im doing my projects ,

cant drink and blow shit up all the time

i did see an x engraved on side didnt think anything about it , but at least i had my thinkin cap on an was like whoa lemme ask the gang ,

my rich cly is victim to a rusting screw , cloged screen an a torn diaphram , go figure huh maybe i should just put it back togethor all rusted an torn apart maybe theyll work better

its all good tho my 40s should be here an enough time and money ill be rideing in no time ,

iv always been told grease makes the orings break out like a 14 year old gurl

iv always been told grease makes the orings break out like a 14 year old gurl
    Never had an issue before w/ sleds or watercraft. Gasoline can make the outer one expand, however.

Thread Information