Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Cavitating With Ss Ring?

so because we run stainless rings does the impeller actually wear down? i only have about 20 hrs on this new prop and ring and i can see much more gap between them, when new they touched ever so slightly, now there is a gap and i'm cavitating bad....

what do you guys do, send the prop to be fixed?

Do you have a solid front motor mount? That would also help the impellar shaft and shaft (also the carbon seal would last longer) from moving from the vibration and torque of the motor , therefore making it so your impellar doesnt rub on you SS wear ring. I have one and i have had it for about 6hr on mine and it looks great and i ride in rough [email protected]@ water just about everytime i go out cause i also jump it! But in your sitiation umm... im not sure really what you could do, your best bet maybe is if you dont have a solid motor mount get one and a new impellar and start over. Im sure someone else will jump in on the subject with more ideas. Good luck to ya.

+1
    yes i have the motor mount....i still dont see how its possible for the prop to move around since it rotates on a stationary shaft, my bearings are still good...maybe i need the tripple bearing mod...

anyone else?

+1
    anyone have a solution?

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    Jerry did tell me some time ago I would have to get the prop reworked every year or so because of worn edges. I still have plastic because of that. Don't know if this helps at all since all I know is third hand.

If you only have 20 hours and notice that big of a difference then something is wrong with your engine and/or driveshaft alignment. I'd be checking up on that asap.

+1
    it's wierd, its like the prop only hits the wear rings on one half of it, like the pump shaft is almost bent,.....i know this because you can see it by spinning of the hand, maybe the ever so slightly bent shaft is causing the rings to wear....now that i put stainless in there , the prop is wearing....

Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    it's wierd, its like the prop only hits the wear rings on one half of it, like the pump shaft is almost bent,.....i know this because you can see it by spinning of the hand, maybe the ever so slightly bent shaft is causing the rings to wear....now that i put stainless in there , the prop is wearing....

Definitely sounds like a bent shaft or by any chance did you try repitching your impellar at all on your own and maybe pitched it out one way to far? If not then im gonna with what RXPKID said.

+1
    no re pitch, want to get all my mods in before i re-pitch.

i guess i should just to the tripple bearing mod.

+1
    I would agree with RXPKid ... engine alignment might be off, or engine mount is bad/loose. If the pump shaft was bent, you would likely have wicked vibrations, and there would be wear all around the wear ring ... not just in one spot. The bent shaft would rotate, wrecking the entire wear ring rather than one spot. Torque lifts the left side of the motor, so 10:00 would be where you would see the damage from a bad/loose front or rear motor mount. Even with good mounts, a modded ski will tend to wear at 10:00 due to torque. I have quite a few hrs (60+) on my setup with SS ring, solid front mount and triple bearing and really no wear to speak of.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information