Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    '07 GTX sc WAKE, '04 KLR 650, and two horses ridesadoo's Avatar

help! performance went kaput

i just got a new supercharged sea-doo wake, and the performance went down. i was getting 70mph, and now i cant get more than 6300rpm @ 53 mph. it seems to be running fairly smooth, but just not what i expect for a new machine. water was rough and i was getting some air occasionally, but nothing too serious. it has 19 hours on it. does anyone know if there is a common thing that might affect the top end stuff? is it the supercharger maybe? or maybe a loose wire? HELP?

It's the supercharger, the ceramic washers are gone! bring it to a dealer he needs to get the charger out both oil pumps and all the ceramic debris out of your engine. do a search and you get more info.

Pull off the intake to the supercharger. If you can spin the supercharger wheel by hand, your ceramic washers are toast.

Take it to the dealer and bend over.

+1
    DAM sounds like there are more porblems with the 07' models than the other years. The 07's are blowing at lower hours thatn other years. That BLOWS

+1
    Is it possible to install the clutch washers incorrectly? I think there is a smaller inner diameter from one to the other..... Maybe on the 07's they installed them incorrectly from the factory..

+1
    I think its more of new owners not aware that when the hull leaves the water and u stay wfo.....well rpm and harmonics + supercharger clutch loading-unloading....would be interesting to see if new ceramics went much longer after the owner was educated about the problem.....but I dont wanna know bad enough to ever have ceramics in my machine

'07 GTX sc WAKE, '04 KLR 650, and two horses ridesadoo's Avatar

Unhappy

well this is just great...i'll drop the beast off in tulsa tomorrow. i hope the warrantee covers the cost since it was not abused. i just wish i knew it was so fragile before i spent so dang much money on it, because i was thinking of getting the kawi 250. buyer's remorse

Quote Originally Posted by ridesadoo View Post
    well this is just great...i'll drop the beast off in tulsa tomorrow. i hope the warrantee covers the cost since it was not abused. i just wish i knew it was so fragile before i spent so dang much money on it, because i was thinking of getting the kawi 250. buyer's remorse
    Did you do any research on internet forums? do a search here for "ceramic", grab a 12 pack and start reading.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ridesadoo View Post
    And if you bought a Kawi you would be having buyer's remorse about the fuel consumption.

ridesadoo: welcome to the forum!, sorry to hear another possible ceramic fatality. since your ski is so young, def bring it back to the dealer, crappy part is it`s summer time, and the waiting is going to really piss you off.
    If you are mechanically inclined and want to know right now if it`s your SC, then simply remove rubber hose going into inlet at supercharger, insert your finger and see if you can spin the SC wheel freely, if you can than your SC is toast. If your not Mech inclined then leave it up to the dealer. If you do do it, put things back as they were so the stealer doesn`t say it was tampered with...

after all is said and done, read alot of these posts based on the SC failures and install the steel washers. Most likely the dealer will install new ceramics. make sure dealer does proper cleaning of engine, and not just pulling the screens to be cleaned, that won`t do it!...Good luck, and let us know how you made out...PR...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information