VTS Check Procedure

Does anybody know how to check what's wrong with the VTS?
    If there is a certain procedure to follow in order to find out what happened, I really would need to know!!
    If I put on the DESS the display says "SENSOR" and there is no indicator bar for the VTS in the display.
    Pushing up or down doesn't do anything.
    The fuse is fine and so is the VTS motor. I removed and took the VTS appart and the engine is running fine.
    I disconnected the battery for charging. Could it be that the VTS needs to be programmed to run again by the dealer????
    Any help is apreciated and a procedure to follow would be nice.
    Cheers,

+1
    did u just replace the ecu? press the mode button 5 times...u may get a code for compass sensor.....if so, u need to be re-flashed w/ buds. I just went though this and was like WTF? But it took all of 6 mins. at the dealer.Hope this helps ya, no vts sucks

+1
    Do a search on posts in the last 30 days on VTS ... there were at least two, one was mine, should help.

OK, just got CODE: P 1517
    and yes, I did replace the ECU but only shortly.
    After installing the SS washers I forgot my key when I came to the dealer. What we did was simply plugging a RIVA ECU in to see if it would start.
    It did and sounded absolutely great and run perfect. I was considering to get one till I figured I rust raised the rev limit substancially without any valve train upgrade. That put me of the Riva ECU.
    Anyway, we never tried if the VTS was working with the Riva ECU and I came back with the key later, we replugged the original ECU.
    Unfortuantely I didn't check for the VTS and don't remember if the the SENSOR warning came up but I think it did.
    I will take the ski back to the dealer today and hope reprograming the ski will solve the problem!!??
    Thanx for the help again

+1
    I guarantee it will solve it..........let us know

and thanx again!!!!
    Perfect guys...the VTS only neede to be activated again and is working fine!!!!!
    So, if you change your ECU for a check it will reset the program and you have to activate the VTS again like itis a new ski..
    Thank god...I almost had a nervous breakdown. This VTS is bloody expensive a areal pain in the b..t to get here.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrogen View Post
    and thanx again!!!!
    Perfect guys...the VTS only neede to be activated again and is working fine!!!!!
    So, if you change your ECU for a check it will reset the program and you have to activate the VTS again like itis a new ski..
    Thank god...I almost had a nervous breakdown. This VTS is bloody expensive a areal pain in the b..t to get here.
    Cheers
    my vts has been that way for three months now just have not had the time to fix it i ride too much. what did you do to have it fixed my dumb ass dealer had not clue how to do it.

He has to connect his computer with the original SeaDoo software and activate all functions of the ski.
    If he is a aouthorized dealer he should definitely know how to do it.
    Over here the dealer has to activate the ski before he delivers it to the customer.
    Cheers

Thread Information