Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,360
    +1
    339

    Riva power filter

    Can anybody give me some ballpark measurements on the K&N filter that comes w/ the Riva kit? (Length, base diameter, top diameter) Trying to figure out which one they are using. Thanx, Vic


  2. #2
    Just find one that has a 3" connector if you are using the stock 3" hose.

    Alot of people switch to 4" hose with a 4" to 3" reducer on the SC housing. Then find a K&N filter with a 4" connector and use a 4" to 4" rubber connector you get at homedepot/lowes in the plumbing section.

    I got my K&N off ebay and call overwear.com to get a waterproof pre-filter to fit.

  3. #3
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,360
    +1
    339
    Yeah, I got that Kinch, but K&N makes 29 filters w/ a 3" flange ID. From 4" long to 14" long- just trying to get an idea on at least how long the Riva one is. Thanx, Vic

  4. #4
    mxl16's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    1,590
    i would go with a marine approved/dry filter (like rivas). if there was ever an accident or your ski sank and the coast guard found out you werent using a marine approved filter, your insurance company can deny your claim.

    3.5" dia at the top
    5" dia at the bottom
    8" tall from very bottom to top

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mxl16
    i would go with a marine approved/dry filter (like rivas). if there was ever an accident or your ski sank and the coast guard found out you werent using a marine approved filter, your insurance company can deny your claim.

    3.5" dia at the top
    5" dia at the bottom
    8" tall from very bottom to top
    Vman: besides that, you don`t want the oil impregnated filters, you want the dry filter!...PR...

  6. #6
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,360
    +1
    339
    Yes, I can get a marine approved filter directly from K&N (just like Riva does).

    BTW- K&N tells me that their marine filters are still oiled, not that it matters because I guess the oil could easily be washed out or would get get sucked dry by the intake after a short while of use- I just wouldn't re-apply any filter oil to it. Thanks for the size mxl16!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman
    Yes, I can get a marine approved filter directly from K&N (just like Riva does).

    BTW- K&N tells me that their marine filters are still oiled, not that it matters because I guess the oil could easily be washed out or would get get sucked dry by the intake after a short while of use- I just wouldn't re-apply any filter oil to it. Thanks for the size mxl16!
    I don`t think that is the issue here, the oil itself is flammable, that`s why you should use a dry filter...PR...

  8. #8
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,360
    +1
    339
    http://www.knfilter.com/marine/flamearrester.htm


    It doesn't seem that K&N is selling a "dry" flame arrestor / filter for any marine application.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Vman
    http://www.knfilter.com/marine/flamearrester.htm


    It doesn't seem that K&N is selling a "dry" flame arrestor / filter for any marine application.
    That`s a cool site! I know my riva power filter is dry though!?...PR...

    and the R&D one that I was using is dry also!?

  10. #10
    Vman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,360
    +1
    339
    Is the Riva filter actually stamped with an SAE coastguard approval?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva Power Filter extension,I need some suggestions and help
    By rxp_boy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-13-2005, 06:31 PM
  2. PPG L 1 Air Intake VS. Riva Power Filter
    By Ultra/RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-07-2005, 01:24 PM
  3. PPG Level 1 Air Intake vs. Riva Power Filter
    By Ultra/RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-07-2005, 05:03 PM
  4. Advantages/Disadvantages to Riva Power Filter Tube
    By Red Devil in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 12:24 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2005, 07:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •