Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SHOULD I TRADE UP or fudge it??

ok heres the story.. i helped my girl find a 03 1300 with 30 some hours on it last winter, and what do you know it sits outside and never gets used. so now she wants to bring it to her brothers house to be in a garage, well you know whats gonna happen with a brother and his friends......

so im wondering if i should trade her my ski plus some cash. the only reason i dont do it right away is i just finished rebuilding the whole motor with all new chit. plus the reinforcement. double fuel.different fairings.all the pita stuff..... however its still a carbed 1200.....

i really do want efi and the 1300 jugs. if i trade ill have no trued and welded crank. no front crank support. no ppk. no d-plate/chip.no ff.no double fuel.none of the new bearings i just replaced.my motors got 12 hours hers has almost 50..i can move stuff over like the plate/grate/prop......and theres no giant pulling insert crack in the bottom of the 13....

i cant make up my mind. i think its a good idea to go efi 13 but then i think about all the time i have under the seat of the 12....what do i do??

Oh thats an easy one, If I was you, my choice would definitely be.....

yeah, ... it's not that easy!

+1
    I'd rig it so it won't start when it was at the brothers.

the funny thing is,,, that her bro's more than 10+years older.. and im the one worried about a piece of machinery getting fuck$d up..

+1
    Scare the crap outta her by telling her the 03 will sink if the inserts/tunnel are not updated.

Then trade her even. Do the inserts, reinforcement, D-plate, ride plate, prop, nozzle, and intake grate and you have a 68ish boat without touching the motor.

In the long run, the 1300 is going to be faster and more reliable. And you know her brother and Co. are going to trash whatever they are riding.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    Scare the crap outta her by telling her the 03 will sink if the inserts/tunnel are not updated.

Then trade her even. Do the inserts, reinforcement, D-plate, ride plate, prop, nozzle, and intake grate and you have a 68ish boat without touching the motor.

In the long run, the 1300 is going to be faster and more reliable. And you know her brother and Co. are going to trash whatever they are riding.

i heard carbs have more potential but i dont know them at all... does efi take pre-mix well?? also will the stator cover transfer over?

ya i know her bro will ride it thats why i wanna give them the 1200 with cracks in it. i care whats under the seat. most people could give a ........not like the average joe could tell.. there just happy to be on a sweet ski

+1
    Most of the stuff on the 1300 is different. Oil injection. No carbs to mess with.

A lot of people fix up cheaper boats just to trade up. Unfortunately most of the time you cant get your labor out of it.

The 1300 will need some work, but you guys ride and work on your own skis. They are going to dog out that 03 without fixing the inserts (maybe done under warranty ?) and possibly crack the tunnel. You can swap
    them your 1200 knowing its in excellent mechanical condition, and it will be fast enough for them.

The 1300 is going to be cheaper to mod for speed IMO.

[quote=WFO;338133]

A lot of people fix up cheaper boats just to trade up. Unfortunately most of the time you cant get your labor out of it.
    quote]

well atleast some one gets the benefits of my labor..and it will still be my GIRLS ski just parked at another house.. besides i got to learn on a 12 now i can be a little cleaner with all my work on a better boat. its kind of a bummer but im excited at the same time ...

will the stator cover with the bearing support transfer over to the 13?

i wanna run pre-mix are the throttle bodies the same as to where i just plug the hole, run an extra line and mix the fuel?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RDH View Post
    atleast some one gets the benefits of my labor..and it will still be my GIRLS ski just parked at another house..
    There you go.

besides i got to learn on a 12 now i can be a little cleaner with all my work on a better boat. its kind of a bummer but im excited at the same time ...

will the stator cover with the bearing support transfer over to the 13?

No. And you dont need the extra support on a 1300. The EFIs dont break cranks like the 1200s did. None of my 1300 cranks are welded .

i wanna run pre-mix are the throttle bodies the same as to where i just plug the hole, run an extra line and mix the fuel?

Same gig. Block off the front hole, and plug the lines. Premix in the tank the same.

+1
    I am going to go the other direction from WFO. Why would you want to start all over from scratch? I HATE that I just sold my wifes ski. If I had it to do all over again I would have kept it and built this EFI boat slower than what I am now. I just wanted to own a carbed and an EFI ski so I can compare the pros and cons of each ski. I really think that the EFI will be a LOT less maintainence than my carbed ski which will be a BIG plus since the EFI boat will be my wifes. I bought an 03 to part out a while back and when I pulled the shoe off, 2 of the inserts dropped out of the bottom of the hull and the ski only had 56 hours on it. (BONE STOCK, not even a D-plate).

Just find the stuff to convert it to a 1300. Thats fairly simple. You could even convert it to an EFI if you wanted to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information