Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    06 GTX SC Max RPM

    What is the Max RPM on a Stock GTX SC supposed to be? Thanks for everyone's help, this site is AWESOME!


  2. #2
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    I think my wife's 05 is 7650 or 7700

  3. #3
    gtxscrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    miami,fl
    Posts
    897
    its 7650 on mines is stage 1 you should be at 7600

  4. #4

    Thanks

    Thanks for the info. I went out yesterday and when I would go WOT from a stop, I would hit 7300 pretty fast, and then slowly (over about 8-10 seconds) hit 7480-7540. I guess I need to check the slip on the SC.

  5. #5
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by ajGTXSC View Post
    Thanks for the info. I went out yesterday and when I would go WOT from a stop, I would hit 7300 pretty fast, and then slowly (over about 8-10 seconds) hit 7480-7540. I guess I need to check the slip on the SC.
    nah that sounds right. Remember heat will effect the rpm a lot, so will a worn wear ring/prop.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    nah that sounds right. Remember heat will effect the rpm a lot, so will a worn wear ring/prop.
    I've been told that a worn wear ring will not lower your RPM. You will only notice that it's worn from loss of top speed, cavatation, and by visual inspection.

  7. #7
    captain obvious Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Visalia, Ca
    Posts
    2,316
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I've been told that a worn wear ring will not lower your RPM. You will only notice that it's worn from loss of top speed, cavatation, and by visual inspection.
    Whoever told you that was mistaken, I too thought the same thing until I couldn't find my 300-400 rpm loss. I measured my wear ring clearance and it was just under the sea-doo spec for replacement so I replaced it, instantly my rpm came back up to 8150, from 7700-7800.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...highlight=ring

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 06 gtx sc 5600 rpm
    By ajGTXSC in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 08:37 PM
  2. 2003 Gtx-sc 6900 Rpm - Ok?
    By TampaGTXSC in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 08:32 AM
  3. 03 gtx sc high rpm stumble??
    By lextoy in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-04-2007, 09:01 PM
  4. 06' Gtx-sc speed numbers!!!
    By goldhulk45 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-07-2006, 12:14 PM
  5. GTX SC insane rpms
    By 01xdime in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •