Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Low rpm/Dealer

Low rpm/Dealer

Has anyone here that are having low rpm problems contacted the dealer about the sitution? I know that I cannot be the only one with this problem. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and talk to them and see if they are willing to contact Kawasaki as to what and if there is a particular problem. My ski has never seen 7750 or above. I know some of you guys are above that and my hats off to you. But there are a lot of us that very seldom see 7600.

If you have spoke to your dealer about it I sure would love to know what they told you or what excuses they have come up with. I just feel that I am not getting the performance out of my 250 that I should be getting.

Every one have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    Has anyone here that are having low rpm problems contacted the dealer about the sitution? I know that I cannot be the only one with this problem. I am going to call my dealer tomorrow and talk to them and see if they are willing to contact Kawasaki as to what and if there is a particular problem. My ski has never seen 7750 or above. I know some of you guys are above that and my hats off to you. But there are a lot of us that very seldom see 7600.

If you have spoke to your dealer about it I sure would love to know what they told you or what excuses they have come up with. I just feel that I am not getting the performance out of my 250 that I should be getting.

Every one have a great day.

Right now mine is running rough @ low rpm's for about 10 min's than it's fine after that, I'm thinking the plugs are on there way out !!!! This is after 25hrs.

The highest Ive seen is 7650. Not sure about my wife's 250 though. I took about a quart of oil out of both and will see if the rpm's go up. I think these machines are limited in the ecu. I know that alot of atv's use rev limiters and you can change them with aftermarket rev boxes. May they will come out with on on these allowing us to hit top rev. I will bet that they are rev limited due to the aggreement with Coast Guard of not letting a stock machine go over 65 now.

I don't think it's rev limiter issue, if that were the case you'd feel fuel or spark cut out to maintain an RPM. If the ski isn't in the water, it will rev higher to the 8900rpm rev limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    I don't think it's rev limiter issue, if that were the case you'd feel fuel or spark cut out to maintain an RPM. If the ski isn't in the water, it will rev higher to the 8900rpm rev limit.
    Good point. So whats holding us back from getting near the redline. The water?

Question

To add to this...my 250 idles at 1,600-1,800rpm

IS THAT NORMAL??

I never see more than 7650 . With the wedge.Before the wedge i was 7580.

Mines roughly the same. I've seen in the 7700's but most of the time it's in the 7500-7650 range. GPS will toss out upto 67.5 going with a slow current. But the average comes to 65ish

Theres plenty of torque. Try standing up at 30 mph and then go WOT. If you're not careful you will get thrown off backwards. I didnt have that concern with the RXP.

Looks as if I am not the only one. I would still like to see what can be done to get the rpm's up. Thanks for the replys.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information