Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Boat ramp parking Etiquette?

First off the public boat ramp this weekend was a nightmare. One moron took 20+ minutes to load his boat and nine extended family members, while another moron cut 11 of us in line because "he didn't realize there was a line."

Here's my question:

What would u do if the all the parking was full as u loaded your boat, but then a car pulled out to load their boat, so the spot was free for you to use, but some jerk in line sends his wife and kids out to stand in the emtpy spot to hold it for him. Do you simply give up the spot and park 2 blocks away or do explain that parking is on a first come first serve basis and proceed to pull into the spot anyway?

we got the same bs here to. one duesch bag parked across 7-8 spots that were clearly marked in white marking chalk (like in ball parks) bc the lot is grass... good thing it was very hot out and not to many boaters came out, but we were there

anyways` I am guilty of that in "this" regard. ok, I already got my spot, and have finished riding for the day, there are plenty spots left, but bc I get to the ramp really early 6-7am I`m usually up front. So when I pull out to retrieve ski, I would have my wife stand in the spot so some jackass with a kayak doesn`t pull in there bc my day isn`t over yet, the picnicing (state park) has just begun, so I find this justified.

anyways, in your situation, beat them to it and have someone in your group hold the spot, confronting the other people will only lead to an argument and an uneasy feeling that that jackass will damage your chit, then you`d have to wait and give him an ass beating!... see what i mean...PR...

there is very limited parking at this particular ramp (15 slips max). Once they're full, you're looking at about a good block or two of walking to and from your rig.

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    Oh man I would run them asses over!....Specially since I have been waiting too!....Phuck that man....That really pisses me the phuck off!

On Andy's note is different cuz he ain't going no where....

How about parking in the actual ramp area and drinking beer with your 15 family members while others have to manuever around you, not easy to do with an ext cab long bed truck pullin a 30' trailer.

I always look at it as though, once i hitch that trailer up, i have a responsibility ro follow the rules of the road, and the rules of the ramp, if i take more than 15 mins in the tie down area, i move, same with make ready area.

But id be pissed in that situation, and i woulda tought the kids language they might not have known.

I have a question. What do you do in this situation?

I pull up to boat ramp area with my vest on ready to back in the water and see a truck about 75ft from the rest of the line while the driver is out of the truck taking his dear sweet time prepping his jetski. I pull around him and he gets all pissed off, and still continues to hang around his trailer still taking forever. Then he looked even funnier when he was yelling at his passenger to get his boat prepped.

Was it wrong of me to be ready to put in the water?

Or should have I waited on him to unstrap and get all his crap together?

It didnt even look like he was in line cause of the distance he was from the rest of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by GPRGASM View Post
    I have a question. What do you do in this situation?

I pull up to boat ramp area with my vest on ready to back in the water and see a truck about 75ft from the rest of the line while the driver is out of the truck taking his dear sweet time prepping his jetski. I pull around him and he gets all pissed off, and still continues to hang around his trailer still taking forever. Then he looked even funnier when he was yelling at his passenger to get his boat prepped.

Was it wrong of me to be ready to put in the water?

Or should have I waited on him to unstrap and get all his crap together?

It didnt even look like he was in line cause of the distance he was from the rest of everyone.
    your fine. guy is just ... i dunno... insane. I had someone yell at me for pulling to far foward before backing into the water once, guess he missed the 2 people on the dock and one rightbehind the boat waving me back...

ive had people do exactly what you did, and i just get jealous that theyre better prepared and gettin on the water first.

I had one pass me up yesterday while I was unstrapping, backs down the ramp then gets out to unstrap his boat Made me want to go buzz his fishing hole with my tdr waterbox. My normal ramp has been overun with sight seers this year. I have blocked several of them in while I put the straps on, last one got a ear full of an ultra 150 with a tdr fron 10 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    your fine. guy is just ... i dunno... insane. I had someone yell at me for pulling to far foward before backing into the water once, guess he missed the 2 people on the dock and one rightbehind the boat waving me back...

ive had people do exactly what you did, and i just get jealous that theyre better prepared and gettin on the water first.

Cool, just makeing sure that I wasnt the bad guy!!!

I hate the idiots that park in the vehicle with trailer spots when there are parking spots for the vehicles only. My boat launch has a lot of parking spots and 4 double ramps. (See my avatar) I always enjoy watching the jacka$$'s that launch from the middle on a busy day or the ones that can't backup a trailer.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information