Thread: New Speeds

Smile New Speeds

Greetings All,

Just got back from vacationing on Lake Marion in Manning, SC. I have a new best of 71.7 MPH on my Stg I RXP. Believe it or not I never had perfect conditions & I was only able to make about 4 - 5 good runs due to traffic and/or limited testing areas. Ski averaged 71.5 on Garmin etrex GPS and yes I tested in both directions.

The ski ran great but I feel certain there is more speed to be found in ideal conditions. I'm happy for now but I'm already thinking about Stg II and/or the "Green" wheel .

Test Data:

Hour Meter - 20
    Air Temp - 88+
    Water Temp - 86
    Rider Weight - 190
    Humidity Level - Low
    Wind - 5 ~10
    Gas - 1/2 tank
    Rider Position - Superman
    Water Conditions - Slight ripple to light chop

I even made 1 run on the wife's bone stock GTI, with a 1/2 tank of gas against the wind I clocked a new best of 55.3.

I attached a few pics of my skis, our rental & Lake Marion for your viewing pleasure .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marion Vacation13.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	30938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marion Vacation31.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	30939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marion Vacation65.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	30940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marion Vacation36.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	30941   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marion Vacation40.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	30942  
    Last edited by Flynfox; 07-10-2007 at 04:50 PM.

You will love that green wheel over your stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_viper42 View Post
    You will love that green wheel over your stock one.
    Yeah I'm def addicted to speed but I was trying to enjoy the ski this summer as is since it's running so well. Of course as soon as I get beat I'll probably be visiting Jerry's online store .

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    Yeah I'm def addicted to speed but I was trying to enjoy the ski this summer as is since it's running so well. Of course as soon as I get beat I'll probably be visiting Jerry's online store .
    Did you just by this machine, you said it only has 11rhs on it? Where about are you from? You didnt happen to by this machine from a Canadian guy did you?

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Did you just by this machine, you said it only has 11rhs on it? Where about are you from? You didnt happen to by this machine from a Canadian guy did you?
    I purchased new Sept '06 from a local dealer & where did you get 11 hrs? My post says 20. I live in Sunny SC .

I don't make a habit of buying used cars etc & I [email protected]#$ sure wouldn't buy a used RXP after reading about the ceramic failures and not knowing if repaired the right way . Peace of mind is everything to me .

Impressive...the 'ski and the backyard. Its like your own private beach. Sweet.

Erick

Quote Originally Posted by Erick S View Post
    Impressive...the 'ski and the backyard. Its like your own private beach. Sweet.

Erick
    Thanks man wish it was ours. The land alone is valued over $200,000 . It's really a beautiful place to visit if you ever get a chance. Heck, shoot me an e-mail & dinner is on me .
    Last edited by Flynfox; 07-11-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flynfox View Post
    I purchased new Sept '06 from a local dealer & where did you get 11 hrs? My post says 20. I live in Sunny SC .

I don't make a habit of buying used cars etc & I [email protected]#$ sure wouldn't buy a used RXP after reading about the ceramic failures and not knowing if repaired the right way . Peace of mind is everything to me .
    Cool man i just thought for some reason , you bought it used cause my buddy just sold his machine like 2 weeks ago, and your mods and your machine looks identical to his and he sold it with like 12hrs on it or something like that so. Cool tho! , and nice numbers with your mods!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn View Post
    Cool man i just thought for some reason , you bought it used cause my buddy just sold his machine like 2 weeks ago, and your mods and your machine looks identical to his and he sold it with like 12hrs on it or something like that so. Cool tho! , and nice numbers with your mods!
    No problem man & thanks for the compliment.

Thread Information