Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

removing supercharger torx size

what size torx sockets do i need for removing the supercharger??? does anybody have any pics on the supercharger bolts?? thanks!!

Use a 1/4"socket on the front two, fits perfect. On the back bolt use a 1/4" ratcheting wrench (easiest) or a 1/4" box end wrench. The box end wrench is a PITH in my opinion. Found a 1/4" ratcheting wrench, husky brand, at home depot for $15.

Although a 1/4" box end wrench is what you will need to use for the rear engine side bolt, you need to be careful not to strip the bolt. If you want to be safe, use an E8 torx socket (Auto Zone carries them) for the front side two bolts and the 1/4" box end wrench for the back. I just got my SC back from Jerry today (Expensive accident - had to cut the SC off since I stripped the rear engine side bolt) and I plan to replace those bolts with hex bolts. Good luck removing your SC.

+1
    Just an interesting side note / reminder... the 06+ don't use the E8 bolts anymore. Just regular 8mm (I think)

i have a 2007 rxp!! i need to know the exact size bolts-- i dont want to rig it-- i would like to pull it out correctly. thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    i have a 2007 rxp!! i need to know the exact size bolts-- i dont want to rig it-- i would like to pull it out correctly. thanks
    Don't stress on it... just put a regular socket over it until you get the right size. You can tell when you've got one that doesn't fit. I'm pretty sure it's an 8mm, but I'm currently 500 miles away from my ski so I can't confirm. These bolts aren't on there very tight and can also be removed with a torx (not external torx like the 04 / 05's) in the event that you some how ruin the hex threads. Don't over think it... they aren't a big deal, especially on the 06+....

Quote Originally Posted by codymouse54321 View Post
    I have an 06, not positive that they are the same but pretty sure. The procedure I listed works perfectly and I could remove/replace them a 1000 times with no problems using a 1/4" socket on the 2 front bolts and a 1/4" ratcheting wrench on the rear.

If you do have 8mm bolts, then your answer is even simpler...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dochere195 View Post
    I have an 06, not positive that they are the same but pretty sure. The procedure I listed works perfectly and I could remove/replace them a 1000 times with no problems using a 1/4" socket on the 2 front bolts and a 1/4" ratcheting wrench on the rear.

If you do have 8mm bolts, then your answer is even simpler...
    My 06 has normal hex head bolts. Do you have an 06 with E8 (External Torx) bolts????? I thought only the 04 / 05's had those.

I'll go look...

My 06 RXP has the hex head bolts, which are 8mm. I reinstalled the sc this evening, so I'm 100% sure thats the right size.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information