Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

Anything Else I can Use to Flush Exhaust besides Salt-Away?

Is there anything else I could use to flush my 4-Tec exhaust with other then salt away? Somebody said they use 50% water 50% simple Green in a spray bottle and spray a few blast into the flush connector before they connect the hose. Would this be ok? Would simple green hurt anything with the exhaust system? Thanks for any info...

+1
    I use dawn dish washing soap and any type of liquid detergent for washing clothes. They break down the salt no problem and it doesnt harm anything.

Sounds logical...Do you mix it with water in a spray bottle or just sqeeze some in the connector full strehgth? So I guess the simple green/water method would work then....Thanks for the info

+1
    I just squeeze some into the flush hose and turn on the water.

simple flushing with water works if you doo it after "every ride" also...granted salt away works really good, it`s just easier cleaning the hull with it in heavy salt. I don`t use salt away but wash the ski with Meguires gel wash and flush after every ride. A little more elbow grease but that`s all a part of it if you want to keep your stuff looking like new...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-11-2007 at 09:56 AM.

Yup I flush with water after every ride...I also use Meguires Car soap on my hull. It makes it sparkle and looks like I waxed it. I use Meguires Cleaner wax to wax it also about twice a year. Thanks for all the info...

Quote Originally Posted by holdnon72 View Post
    Yup I flush with water after every ride...I also use Meguires Car soap on my hull. It makes it sparkle and looks like I waxed it. I use Meguires Cleaner wax to wax it also about twice a year. Thanks for all the info...
    The thought that everyone doesn't flush their ski immediately after every use is scary. Pretty much solidifies why I bought a new ski and not a used one.

It takes literally 10 minutes to do the after operation cleanup on my ski. I keep the flush connector in the console and I bring a hose with me (most boat launches have fresh water taps nearby) or I spray wash at a car wash and flush as soon as I get home.

Either way, it's much easier than cleaning a boat.

Like stated before, as long as you flush after every ride, you're good. You should flush after EVERY ride, not just salt water, but fresh water too.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Talking

I wish it only took me 10 minutes to clean up my pigs...

Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    I wish it only took me 10 minutes to clean up my pigs...
    same here, I`m out in the driveway for well over 1-2 hours, got everything out there except the kitchen sink ...PR...

No kidding, 10 minutes!...I'm way to anal to just do a rinse and park it. Granted we're talking boat vs ski, but I have to make sure every inch of the boat and trailer gets freshwater rinsed, plus scrub the hull and deck with simple green, plus spray silicone on anything that can corrode, plus hand dry, plus check for loose nuts/screws and retighten...boating sure is fun...up until that point, but the upside is a boat that looks showroom new and is ready to go whenever I am.

What were we talking about again? Oh yeah, dishwasher soap...cheap, easy and effective. But either way, flushing as soon as I get back to the driveway is a no-brainer for me. When I had my 951 powered Sportster I got to see how quickly the cooling jackets around the cylinders corroded even with religious flushing (since the motor failed religiously I got to see the innards fairly regularly). I'm quite relieved knowing that only the exhaust is exposed to the salt on the 4tec.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information