Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PAINT

PAINT

You can get touch-up paint from your dealer and it will cost you your first born child. My dealer was so embarassed he's getting me the name of the place who makes it. I'll post as soon as I have it.

I get mine from www.colorrite.com.

I got some from there as well. Here is the direct link

http://www.colorrite.com/CRPLfactory...imageField.y=3

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Its not just a match, its the actual color from Colorrite.

SeaDoocer
    It'll take a lot more than a bottle of paint for our two red Ultras. I've had them one week and it is the worst paint job I've ever seen! The paint is so soft that even the ski covers have buffed the paint down all the way down each side from front to back. This paint does not even hold up to soft rubber soles on our water shoes. This has been very disappointing to say the least. I called Kawi today and complained and they acknowledged they have a problem with red. Hello!!!
    I spoke with a very knowledgeable/professional paint sprayer who works on these skis and he is saying that the paint should have hardened way before now. I will give Kawi a chance and see what they plan to do but as of right now, I just want to take these skis back to the dealer..I had less problems with my RXT/GTXsc'd the 3 summers I've had them than I've had with the 250's in a week.
    And this oil stick is worthless..I can't even check the oil cold without the oil going all the way up the stick and I took out a quart of oil when I first got it. Parker Yamaha sends them to the machine shop but I can't find out what exactly they do to it to make the sticks show efficiently. And then my dealer tells me that they run the ski for 30 seconds and put the oil at the first hole on the stick at bottom. That's even more confusing..the oil is neither hot or cold. The only way I can get a decent reading is to hook up the water, run the ski for 5 minutes and get it nice and hot. Then I can somewhat read where the oil is at. I think the problem with the stick is that the nubs on it hold the oil on the stick when you pull up and keeps you from getting an accurate reading. This is with the engine level .

Man, this really sucks!
    Last edited by SeaDoocer; 07-10-2007 at 10:19 PM.

Paint

Yup that's the place. Colorrite.com

They are the OEM for the Jet Ski paint..that's right

My paint's a little soft but not like SeaDoocer is talking.
    Last edited by Red Diculous; 07-11-2007 at 10:51 AM.

SeaDoocer
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Diculous View Post
    Yup that's the place. Colorrite.com

They are the OEM for the Jet Ski paint..that's right

My paint's a little soft but not like SeaDoocer is talking.

Well Red d, if that paint is soft it's not going to hold up..I would be concerned. The customer service guy from Kawi told me when I had called that they were getting a lot of complaints about ski covers burnishing/scuffing the paint to a dull finish. I went to another dealer before I bought mine to look and their blue ski's had scratch marks all over them too.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDoocer View Post
    Well Red d, if that paint is soft it's not going to hold up..I would be concerned. The customer service guy from Kawi told me when I had called that they were getting a lot of complaints about ski covers burnishing/scuffing the paint to a dull finish. I went to another dealer before I bought mine to look and their blue ski's had scratch marks all over them too.
    It may be a simple fix to get a body shop to spray a clearcoat over the top of it.

SeaDoocer
    No tubeman,
    I was told today that it is not going to help unless you take the paint all the way down.
    My dealer called Kawi today and expressed the concern and all Kawi says is that they will pay to have it touched up. So, people, where is all this great talk about how Kawi takes care of it's customers? I never had BRP do this to me. They won't even take care of the charge to clear coat even if that was a solution. I took the ski's back today and told the dealer I no longer was interested in keeping them.
    I was told by my dealer to call customer service and speak with the manager but he avoided my calls today and I was told it wouldn't do any good talking to him. They were so arrogant at the customer service and acted like they didn't give a crap about this situation. "It's your problem now" attitude.
    So, I am looking at either selling the skis or spending money out of my own pocket to have the skis sanded all the way down, painted and clearcoated of which at this point I am leaning on selling, taking a loss and
    considering it a live n learn thing. Either way these will be our last Kawisakis. I can't believe this has happened and I have been fuming all day.
    BTW, they use a bascoat on these skis which a friend of mine has told me that he has never seen a base coat that dried hard!

There is no clearcoat on these skis, thats why the paint color will rub off if you buff it with a polisher or probably even rub on it. Yep the paint durability does suck but atleast mine runs great so far. Hell I can paint it myself probably, I want to do a custom job anyways. It IS ridiculous that the factory cover will rub off the paint. Thats a recall item imo.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information