Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Riva Stage I, According to Watercraft World

Take it for what its worth, but watercraft world did their test on the riva stage I kit. Their stock ski did 65.67mph at 7700 rpm's. After their tests, the ski ran a consistent 70.56 mph. Judging by what skip said about the ride plate, this sounds real believable!

Anyway you can scan or hi-res photo of the article and upload it?

Thanks.

+1
    Don't have a scanner, but when I get home from work, I can just rewrite the article for you.

Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    Don't have a scanner, but when I get home from work, I can just rewrite the article for you.
    That's just true dedication right there! Thanks bud!

:edit: not sarcasm, really thanks lol

+1
    lol, its not that long, only about a page. Its not a problem.

Looking forward to it. HUGE thanks for even offering to do it.

+1

All Credit of Following Article Goes to WaterCraft World

Kawasaki Ultra 250X: Stage I Kit

Since taking delivery of its very first Ultra 250X back in January, Riva's R&D team has been scrambling to satisfy customer demand for a performance package for the new 250 horsepower model. The company put the finishing touches on its Ultra Stage I kit, which runs $1,149, shortly before our visit in late may. Additional research and development time will lead to Stage II and Stage III packages later this year.
    Completing a Stage I kit for the Ultra 250X wasn't easy. The stock machine is already one of the hottest production watercraft ever built. With the low humidity/cool temperature we had at this year's dream demo, the boat reached 69 mph with a light load of fuel. In more real-world weather and load conditions, production vehicles have been running in the 65 mph range at 7,700 rpm. Premodification, our stock machine posted 65.67 mph, and ran a 0-30 mph time of 1.96 seconds. RIVA advertises the Stage I kit as targeting that magic 70 at 7,850 rpm, and lowering the 0-30 time by several tenths of a second.
    Like most of RIVA's base kits, the Ultra Stage I package required no internal engine modifications, opting for easy-to-install bolt-on mods. Much of the package targets the intake and the exhaust system. The restrictive stock intake system is one of the first components to go, replaced with a RIVA Performance Power Filter. It utilizes a large 4-inch diameter intake duct (the stock inlet is 3 inches) and an oversized K&N element to deliver a much-increased volume of air to the engine, and includes a water-repellent prefilter for the primary filter. A portion of the emission-control system is removed and the valve cover ports are sealed off with a RIVa Valve Cover Block-Off kit.
    Finally, the Riva Free Flow Exhaust System is installed. This eliminates the restrictive secondary muffler, reducing back pressure and the potential for detonation. It also results in a significant weight savings over a stock aluminum waterbox. Exhaust is funneled through the primary waterbox directly out of the stock exhaust outlet at the stern via a mandrel-bent, powder-coated aluminum tube and high-temperature silicone couplers. An aluminum billet trim ring with the RIVA logo adds cosmetic appeal.
    Handling components consist of RIVa's standard triple threat - an intake grate, ride plate, and a sponson change. The company's Top-loader intake grate uses a mid-grate wing to reduce prop spin and cavitation. It also boosts acceleration and positively affects handling. Arguably the biggest handling improvement comes via the RIVA Performance Ride Plate, which enhances both planing and top speed by trimming the bow and reducing drag. Its radical winged design also promises to better the Ultra's handling.
    "The ride plate is the real gem of this package as far as I'm concerned," said Dave Bamdas, owner of RIVA racing. "Our nickname for it is the 'Bat Plate.' It changes the whole trim angle of the machine, gets the bow out of the water and really turns nicely."
    The final handling component is RIVA's Pro-Series Sponson kit that further enhances the 250X's lean-in cornering style and is adjustable to rider preference.
    No impeller change? "We're running with the stock impeller," Bamdas said. "We've done a lot of impeller testing, and so far we have not found anything to beat the stock impeller in acceleration, top speed, anywherere."
    Launching the newly modified boat into the company's private test lake, we wasted little time warming up the craft and facing off against the radar gun. Conditions were far from ideal, with nearly all of Florida being buffeted with high winds, but the substantial Ultra 250X was barely affected. The boat ran a consistent 70.56 mph and lowered its 0-30 mph acceleration time to 1.76 seconds.
    It was the boat's handling, however, that we found most dramatic. It's been a long time since a boat almost high-sided me in a turn. Unprepared for the Ultra 250X's newfound handling prowess, I found myself fighting to stay atop the seat after cranking my first turn at nearly full throttle. The handling components were incredible, making the 250X turn on the proverbial dime (can we invest in a smaller coin?), while further enhancing the Kawi's touted lean-in reputation.
    The ride plate/sponson combo enabled me to execute a complete 180-degree turn at three-quarter throttle that left me carving a parallel path a mere boat length from my preturn run. The boat displays not even a hint of slip. Instead, it darts around the corner like an amusement park ride. At first it was intimidating, but soon I found a rhythm to my movements that allowed me to lunge boat into a corner like a precision street bike, exitingthe turn with authority.
    All in all, Ultra, ultra fun!

Thanks for taking the time to retype that article. That was a good writeup.

When you install the air filter, are you planning on running the water repellent pre-filter cover on it... or are you leaving open to take in more air?

Thanks, good reading.

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information