Lakeland, FL

Green wheel produces too much boost!

I haven't gotten to use the boat in a couple of months, so tonight I went out for the first time with the new Green SC wheel and metal washers. After warming up, I started some high speed runs, then BAM!, an awful sound and 6500RPM max . I head home, preparing myself for another supercharger extraction. What was I going to find?!?

Turned out that the air hose from the SC going to the IC blew off. Thank the lake gods that I don't have to take that supercharger out again! I had that new clamp on there pretty tight, so obviously the supercharger is producing too much boost now .

I really didn't get a complete test of it before my stupid mistake put an end to the day. During my initial run, I was only running 57mph, but was into RPM territory I've never been before (over 8100), so my 13/18 might be limiting me now; I will tweak it this weekend. Unfortunately, I have committed the cardinal sin of modding; I didn't test one mod at a time. I have four new mods since my last run (since the boat hasn't been in the water for months), the SC wheel, metal washers, solid engine mount, and a new sophisticated intake system. That new intake is the wildcard. I think I'll give my prop 1mm and see what happens.

And I don't know if it's the wheel, mount, intake, the fact that I haven't run it in a while, or a combination of 'em all, but man the boat sounds strong. Sounds halfway like I imagine a thru-hull exhaust would sound. I don't notice any increased vibration with the new mount, but maybe it's helping add to the rumble.

Mesa, AZ
    Take the hoses off. Clean hoses and pipes with windex. Reinstall.

Thread Information