Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Texas Dual Barrell Relief

IT'S 2:30, The alloy rods that I have been waiting for came in and I just finish the project.

This has been a collective effort that started with MikeL70 who gave me some information last year about his pressure relief project, and I followed collecting information from Tim Judge, Tommy Jordan, Ben Herman, WFO and Duke.

The use of 45 degree fittings minimizes the restrictions that a 90 degree bend can create. This setup will not need to be removed when extracting the pump shaft. Otiker clamps will be used to secure every single hose( not pictured).

Additional plastic check valves are on the way to be able to test increasing the relief of even more water. These valves will install vertical shooting straigh up.

WFO will be able to provide the pump extrension service modification to those interested, wich will include the filling of the space on top, drill and tapping accordingly, He will also have the special valves that we ordered which will incorporate a ceramic ball to prevent corrosion and damage from the negative pressure during the holeshot.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Fercho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	31079   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	31080   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	31081  
    Last edited by Fercho; 07-11-2007 at 02:55 AM.

African-American
    +1
    WOW brillant information, so whats the price on the parts.

what size jetworks valve are you using ?

If you are using 3/8 or 1/4

you could use a single 1/2"jetworks valve.

+1
    Looks great Fernando! Can't wait to do some more testing with the larger plastic valves. 1300 sould be back up and running in a few weeks.

Thanks for helping us on this project and hope to see it implemented on your BB soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    WOW brillant information, so whats the price on the parts.

what size jetworks valve are you using ?

If you are using 3/8 or 1/4

you could use a single 1/2"jetworks valve.
    3/8 Jetworks, there isnt a 1/2 available. Time will tell what size will be the optimal and how many. A larger valve will require placement at a different location.

Contact WFO for pricing

Rather than coming off the spacer with a 45, couldn't you drill and tap it at a 45 degree angle and come off with a straight pipe? Of course you would need to trim the inside flush...

+1
    lookin good! Wish I needed one

+1

Talking

Question on the pressure relief ? Would it be possible to come up with the amount of pressure relief based on the formula at which the pump is specifically designed on its maximum efficiency? for example would you be able to determine the flow at which the pump is nearing the flow rate max and somehow formulate the proper amount of pressure to be relieved? would you be able to take into account per say the amount of water that can be held in the pump itself and use the velocity of incoming water to determine the proper pressure? In other words could you somehow use an engineering formula and mechanics to determine the maximum threshhold based on a specific speed ( ex. 90 m.p.h. in smooth water and take the velocity and pump capacity X output to achieve max threshold?)
    Last edited by enforcer; 07-11-2007 at 10:33 AM.

There is a formula that Carl Camper use back in the day. There is alot more than I am able to comprehend and it has to do with water velocity determined by the size of the intake area, pump diameter, stator vein hub size and exit nozzle diameter. Because we are limited on this knowledge we are just goimg to have to try this and that till we get the right combo. So far the feedback of using 2 jetworks valves has been positive as far as minimizing the buck effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    Rather than coming off the spacer with a 45, couldn't you drill and tap it at a 45 degree angle and come off with a straight pipe? Of course you would need to trim the inside flush...
    I am sure it can be done, I was easier for me to set it this way with the jetworks. If I end up using the other valves there is no way that I can set it up since the OD is about 1 inch

Please note that about 1/2 to 3/4 inch of alloy material was added to the top of the pump which fused with the spacer metal. I did not just drilled and tap!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information