Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    Good rave cleaning how to site

    Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules, but I came across a real helpful link on rave valve maintainence that I thought others might find useful.

    http://www.theudells.com/PWC/other/rave/rave.htm



  2. #2
    One corrrection is needed:
    ""1) The PTO rave will need to be full disassembled IN the motor before the unit can come out completely...""

    The Mag valve is the one that needs to be disassembled due to interference with the pipe.

  3. #3
    Thanks for the thread! That will def. give me more confidence when I do mine.

  4. #4
    Moderator RX951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    League City, Texas
    Posts
    16,066
    +1
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by jahkneefive View Post
    Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules, but I came across a real helpful link on rave valve maintainence that I thought others might find useful.

    http://www.theudells.com/PWC/other/rave/rave.htm

    yup, I've had that saved in my favorites for a while

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Thats my website....

  6. #6
    hehe well hopefully you don't mind the free publicity. I found the site really useful...pictures really are worth a thousand words when you don't know what you're doing!

  7. #7
    Still crazy after all these beers Mac Daddy Racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    St. Paul MN
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinS View Post
    One corrrection is needed:
    ""1) The PTO rave will need to be full disassembled IN the motor before the unit can come out completely...""

    The Mag valve is the one that needs to be disassembled due to interference with the pipe.
    Does that refer to the 800's or the 951's? one is backwards from the other I thought.

  8. #8
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy Racing View Post
    Does that refer to the 800's or the 951's? one is backwards from the other I thought.
    Pictured is the 951, which both can be removed...

    on the 800, one can be removed while the other must be partially dissassembled in the block...

  9. #9
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Crest Hill, IL
    Posts
    9,512
    +1
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by jahkneefive View Post
    hehe well hopefully you don't mind the free publicity. I found the site really useful...pictures really are worth a thousand words when you don't know what you're doing!
    The main site...
    http://www.theudells.com/PWC/pwc_main.htm

  10. #10
    Spend 6 bucks at Rona or canadian tire or whatever. Get a few litres of varsol and a nice scrub brush.

    Soak your rave valves in the varsol and swish it around and give it a good scrub. Your rave valves will come out in pristine condition in less than 5 minutes.

    Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. how to clean rave valves
    By johnnyegg23 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
  2. Need help with how to pull pump and clean
    By Coleybear in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-24-2007, 06:09 PM
  3. How to Clean Spark plugs?
    By tomgtv in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
  4. Any good ideas on how to....?
    By GeoRXT in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2006, 08:28 PM
  5. How to get good Video
    By NeVerMind in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 04:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •