Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Scary Situation

Scary Situation

So I have been riding every day since I bought my 05 RXT last month and I love it.... have recieved great speeds and RPM's.... threw the metal washers in it and have had no mechanical problems what so ever..... mind you my bro's GP 1300 is in the shop right now for carb issues ... but today was supposed to be my day off to chill....

Went to work and it rained...thunder/lightning...etc. By the time I got home about 2 hours ago I had nothing but sun shining and 30-40 mph winds!!! Sweet!!! Screw resting!!! Busted out the ski and headed out..... 7-8 ft swells with a breakwall getting destroyed by this wake....

Headed onto the lake (Ontario) and had a blast.... was out there for at least a half an hour when I realized I was kicking my own ass...

Reason I am on here is to say two things..... nothin is like a seadoo..... love this ski!!! Secondly I had one experience that made me crap myself... Hit one of the swells hard..... went flying..... somehow managed to come down bow first with my stern catapulting me towards another swell.... and sure enough my entire ski went straight down completely sinking my ski... somehow managed to stay on while underwater completely for a couple seconds, good ol physics brought me to the surface and I was stunned !!!

Question I got is what steps I need to take now to make sure there isn't gonna be any mechanical issues cause of this.... I took off both of the seats, unplugged the drains in the stern( unbeliveably no water in the engine compartment) and used a bailing sponge to get the water out of the storage bin and various places..... anyone got any clue if this is gonna hurt my girl or should I be straight because my boys in Canada made this ski to take something like this???? Just as a side point the ski rode fantasitic once I got in the bay on somewhat less choppy water... thanks boys!!!

I think ure good.

If she was full of water then u'd want to pull the plugs and pump the water out so u don't hydrolock it and bend stuff.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    I woud be worried about the motor mounts breaking. Gas tank straps breaking.

All in all there was pretty much no water on the inside of the ski..... just a few droplets at most here and there which was the biggest suprise to me.... so I think as far as the engine's integrity to hold itself in place I am okay with.... I guess I was more worried about the fact that a slight amount of water got into the engine compartment itself..... to be more realistic and intuitive for that matter I pulled the plugs from the hull and no water even came out until I had it on a slant and then a small stream over a second came out.... literally a cup of water at most.... 1/4 of a gallon in the storage compartment up front which I bailed out in a few seconds and some water in the catch tray under the rear seat.... but mostly dry.... I guess now that I have some time to think about it I am more nervous about some damages to the hull than anything... but a thourough inspection proved negative all the way around..... just checked her a few minutes ago..... damn I love seadoo.... and now I think I know how some of the guys that ride mostly ocean feel..... sore as a bitch after a ride like that

+1
    If you had only a few cups of water come out of the bilge, I wouldn't be worried. I'd be relieved.

I was walking my dog at the north shore of Lake Ontario yesterday at downtown Toronto and there was a wicked wind blowing out on the lake toward the south and I thought for a few moments what it eould be like on the other side.

I took my ski completely under water - hit this cyclone thing - it was scary - but I held on - mine is a 05 rxp - but no water got into the thing at all - and never have had any problems.

So I would think your fine - as long as no water got in the engine area.

Hey - if they weren't meant to ride them like you stole them - why have them?

mr. knowitall
    if you only got a cup of h2o out of the hull i would think that you are fine remember its water in the engine that you should be most concerned about so an oil change wouldnt be a bad idea but if thats good and no physical damage to the hull and other steering parts then i say ride that sucker

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    So I have been riding every day since I bought my 05 RXT last month and I love it.... have recieved great speeds and RPM's.... threw the metal washers in it and have had no mechanical problems what so ever..... mind you my bro's GP 1300 is in the shop right now for carb issues ... but today was supposed to be my day off to chill....

Went to work and it rained...thunder/lightning...etc. By the time I got home about 2 hours ago I had nothing but sun shining and 30-40 mph winds!!! Sweet!!! Screw resting!!! Busted out the ski and headed out..... 7-8 ft swells with a breakwall getting destroyed by this wake....

Headed onto the lake (Ontario) and had a blast.... was out there for at least a half an hour when I realized I was kicking my own ass...

Reason I am on here is to say two things..... nothin is like a seadoo..... love this ski!!! Secondly I had one experience that made me crap myself... Hit one of the swells hard..... went flying..... somehow managed to come down bow first with my stern catapulting me towards another swell.... and sure enough my entire ski went straight down completely sinking my ski... somehow managed to stay on while underwater completely for a couple seconds, good ol physics brought me to the surface and I was stunned !!!

Question I got is what steps I need to take now to make sure there isn't gonna be any mechanical issues cause of this.... I took off both of the seats, unplugged the drains in the stern( unbeliveably no water in the engine compartment) and used a bailing sponge to get the water out of the storage bin and various places..... anyone got any clue if this is gonna hurt my girl or should I be straight because my boys in Canada made this ski to take something like this???? Just as a side point the ski rode fantasitic once I got in the bay on somewhat less choppy water... thanks boys!!!
    dont be bothered about going under the water, we do it lots of times, after about 3 submerges, i ride my ski above water for 40 or 50 seconds, so the bailers can get rid of any water inthe hull, then i'm back in the rough chop again, the only thing that p***es me off is that glove box under my gps has eaten 5 mobile phones, 200 fags, and 12 lighters,i enjoy it thou, i'll one day fit an electric bildge pump. regards bill

i use my rxp in massive surf and get smashed quite offten my ski has been rolled and smashed in the waves many times and is still fine. they are very tuff i am sure it will be fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information