Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Fuel sending unit questions

Anybody know if the FSU from a SLTH ('98-'99 only two years produced right?) will fit my '96 SLT?

John Zigler has one from a SLTH but says it will not work on my ski. I'm not calling John's knowledge into question but when I look up part #'s for the tanks the SLTH and SLT both come up as part # 5432646, of course they don't list the sending units.

I've PM'd John several times and fully understand he has a no return policy on this item so I need to be sure.

+1
    Hmmmmn, good question.
    The resistance of the senders are the same 33-240 ohms
    The length should be the same if it's the same tank.
    The mounting screws should be the same as well since it's the same part number for the tank.
    Both are three line hook-ups main, vent and return

My guess would be the wire or connections are different thus the different part number.
    Send John a photo of your connectors and see if they are different, if that's it just change the connector end.

+1
    Ahhh, I see the difference.
    The original tank is 14 gallon and has been superceded to the 15gallon tank 5432646 so the SLTX sender will fit the new 15 gallon tank but the SLTH sender will be to long to fit the 14 gallon tank.

Last ditch effort, measure the length of both sender units, measure from the base of the flange (where it mounts to the tank) and the bottom of the sender. If they are the same, I'd give it a shot, if the SLTH sender is taller I'd pass on the sender.

What's wrong with your SLTX sender unit?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ph2ocraft View Post
    .....Last ditch effort, measure the length of both sender units, measure from the base of the flange (where it mounts to the tank) and the bottom of the sender. If they are the same, I'd give it a shot, if the SLTH sender is taller I'd pass on the sender.

What's wrong with your SLTX sender unit?

Thanks ph20craft. If the Ohm range is the same then I guess length is all that matters. (never thought I'd say that!)

I have a SLT not a SLTX. My gauge doesn't work so I decided to replace the float (mine sinks like a rock) so I ordered one from Randy. Later in the evening I was messing with mine and noticed that no matter what I did the sending unit wouldn't register on my DVM...I tried right side up, upside down,float in the middle, etc.

One a side note Randy offers fast shipping!!!! He had received my order and shipped it out before I found the additional problem. He offered to return the float but I've decided to keep it for a spare as well as an inexpensive reminder to myself. Now if the other vendors I've ordered from would get off their duffs and ship my parts out.

+1
    From my dealings with the senders the only other diferance in where the hole in the side is drilled for the main fuel pick-up and where the float tells the MFD low fuel.

Desperate measures.

I have taken apart a long fuel P.U. assembly, and shortened it before.. I also have a few used different lengths in the warehouse if they will help anybody. The price will be reasonable..

Randy

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Watcon View Post
    I have taken apart a long fuel P.U. assembly, and shortened it before.. I also have a few used different lengths in the warehouse if they will help anybody. The price will be reasonable..

Randy
    Randy,

I'll get in touch with you this evening.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Watcon View Post
    ....I also have a few used different lengths in the warehouse if they will help anybody. The price will be reasonable..

Randy
    Ok, here's what I have. My tank is part # 5432163/ 14.5 gal. Superseded, as Ph20 pointed out, by the 15 gal. 5432646.

My sending unit is 16 1/2" from flange to bottom and of course has main, vent, and return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	side.JPG 
Views:	62 
Size:	91.0 KB 
ID:	31250   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	top_2.JPG 
Views:	50 
Size:	303.0 KB 
ID:	31251  

whats wrong with yours?

also a 1/2 gallon isn't going to make the tank deeper enough to matter in my opinion!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information