Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Towing a wakeboarder/tuber behind a RXP

i was told by the dealership that he would not pull anything behind because of the weak fiberglass around the eye. has anybody had a prob with this? or have you towed things fine? thanks for the info

ive pulled skiers and tubers with the RXT no problem. My GF even dragged me through the water only 1/3 of the way on plane (she didn't want to go fast enough to get me out of the water) and the eye was fine.

i can't believe that the hulls are made from different materials.

only thing i would be worried about is towing with a 2 person boat. many places you need a 3 seater. 1 person to drive, 1 to spot, and 1 to tow.

Agent:

I have pulled two skiers, two barefoot skiers, two monster tubes with several teenagers on board.

There has never been any issue with pulling in any of these combinations.......

If you look how thick the glass is around the eye, it is a very strong set up.

towed 32 ft sea ray, my dads 28 triton off a sand bar (cuz he didnt know the channel uber noober), Tons of wakeboarders uber noober tubers. You should be fine. If you wanna get crazy just hook up a 3 point tow point with all the hooks on the rxp!

What ski are you guys hauling these people with ? Reason i ask is because 3 seaters are ussualy made to haul tubes and skiers but 2 seaters ussualy arent. Just want to make sure because if u guys are all hauling people with rxt's when hes asking about the rxp thats 2 different things.

My RXPs' primary usage is pulling wakeboarders/tubes, this is the 3rd riding season with no worries at all.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by 05RXPnoob View Post
    My RXPs' primary usage is pulling wakeboarders/tubes, this is the 3rd riding season with no worries at all.

Jay
    The RXP isn't equipped with the tow hook because in many states it's illegal to tow behind a two seater.

In FL, you must have a 3 seater. One guy drives, the spotter MUST be sitting facing rearward (spotting) and the third seat is for the skier.

I've heard.....that you can preclude the requirement with a wide angle rear view mirror. But that's largely an issue where you may be technically right, but you're going to draw heat/tickets from cops anyway, cause they don't know the fine print of the law.

I would say, if you get a tow hook, it should be fine.

I'm going to install a telesopic ski pole to my RXT, to keep the rope out of the water. If you use a long rope, it drags in the water and detracts from tubing.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    in Florida you do NOT have to have a three seater. you can have a two if you have wide angle mirror(s)....

it says factory PWC mirrors MAY not meet this requirement.....so there's ambiguity for you. I don't consider factory mirrors adequate. However, others have argued that mirrors that read, "objects in mirror are closer than they appear," are by definition wide angle and can argue they are enough, according to the law.

and....the stern eye is more than adequate for pulling tubers/skiers, whatever. the manual says "eyelets can be used for mooring, towing, and tie down"....
    Last edited by SeanCucf; 07-12-2007 at 02:15 PM.

My 2005 RXP has a tow rope loop. But it is a two seater - and you can't tow anyone - because - once again - have to have a three seater - one to drive - one to spot and an area for the person being towed to ride. I think that is state law in most areas. Can't imagine that the area around there would give way if you did pull someone - surely they wouldn't make it like that.

Watch for getting slack in the line though - heard of many people pulling the rope out of the prop - when it got sucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    The RXP isn't equipped with the tow hook because in many states it's illegal to tow behind a two seater.
    Its not?

Then what is that stainless steel U bolt for below the rear grab bar on a RXP?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information