Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

This is why warranties are F***ing useless...

Fuck BRP. You can't even get a pump rebuilt. My pump has been at the dealer for 3 weeks now. First it was on a 2 week waiting list to be looked at and now I am told that it can't be worked on because parts necessary to rebuild the pump are on backorder from BRP. How can something this simple become so complicated. They have no clue when BRP will have the parts. Word is "later rather than sooner".

So for you guys that feel like you're safe for any reason...YOU'RE DEAD WRONG!!! Last time I checked a warranty doesn't say that your ski might not be in the shop for months.

Seems to me that you would overstock on parts needed for rebuilding pumps.

Morals of this story...

#1 Don't get water in your pump if you own a RXP because you're fucked for at least a month, maybe more (like me).

#2 Just because you have a warranty doesn't mean that your ski will be in and out of the shop.......for me time = enjoyment and my ride season here in MI is cut down to nothing if not shot. I have put a grand total of about 3 hours on the ski this year thanks to the fucking pump and poor planning at BRP.

HEY BOMBARDIER....IF YOU GUYS REALLY DO READ THIS SITE THEN GET YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately this is standard operating procedure with BRP and the dealer, especially in the summer months. They generally keep busy enough that they could care less how long you wait or how inconvenient it is. Come winter time they'll be hungry, but that's the way it goes, the warranty is only to cover the cost of the repairs, not your time.

and most dealers don`t give a rats ass about warranty work bc it has to be approved and they have to be acknowledged that they are going to get credits for the warranty repair. SOOOOO new vehicles sales, and cash and carry repairs ALWAYS come first screw the seadoo loyalists...

RXPkid, I feel for ya man, but you gotta look to find someone here or get the parts from Babbits, or Riva, and do it your self...

Maybe Jerry could get pump service thing going in the store, I dunno!!!...PR...

I know dealers that don`t even stock wear rings, huh!!!
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-12-2007 at 04:40 PM.

I feel for you. I had an RX Di before my RXP and the motor blew. Long story but in short I waited the entire summer for new pistons as the dealer and BRP said they had to wait for rotax to have a certain amount of orders, in order to spin a new build of that sized pistons. It blew in June I got my machine in late august.
    The only thing that kept me in this sport was the intro of the RXP. My machine was for sale and I was done with BRP. I was pissed. So I know what you are going through.

Rex....Try that babbits place i PM'ed you about....they stock a TON of stuff & are a BPR dealer....so you should be able to have them fix it for you

+1
    Unfortunately it's not JUST BRP. When my wear ring went out on my < 1 year old GPR I went through a similar experience... took them forever to get a new one and the dealer wasn't exactly wanting to perform the work.

+1
    Ive been in your position TWICE, waiting on BRP to approve engine .etc. IT SUCKS!!! Always when your in the heart of riding season!!!I would learn how to rebuild that pump if I were you!!!
    Last edited by Rendog; 07-12-2007 at 06:49 PM. Reason: gramar

Rex....find out what parts the dealer needs & I will help you find um in sstock.....I also have access to a press & we can git it fix for you.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    make sure your pumps don't lock up, make sure your superchargers don't blow, and make sure your steering cables don't lock up.... the backorder list is insane... AS USUAL....

Here's my deal....I don't even have a warranty anymore. I decided not to extend it because of situations like this. My point is that warranties are fucking USELESS in my opinion. Warranty or not I would still be in the same position.

My other problem is this.....my dealer will not tell me which parts are on backorder and which need replacing. WTF is the deal with that?! Also, unless these places you guys are talking about have the parts I need (and I don't know what they are) IN STOCK, then I'm still screwed because they will have to order them through BRP.

So I have no idea which parts I need, nor do I have access to the necessary tools to do it myself. I am so close to asking for my pump back and sending it to have the tripple bearing mod done instead of waiting around for this other BS. Problem is $$$.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information