Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

can you install 2006 RXP ECU...

can you install the same year ecu from a 2006 RXP into a 2006 GTX SC with the right amount of mods?...
    when doing so the R`s only reved to 7200, WTF?...PR...

anyone?

WTF is right... Sounds exactly like something that happened to me today

Stock ECU on 06 GTX SC, on limiter at 7600 rpm @ 68.2 mph. Swap to an 06 RXP ECU, hit 7200 rpm at 62 mph.

Ski has external IC, 4" intake, some other various things. Heres the kicker. Exact same stats running both the 38lb injectors and the 42lb-ers. Only thing it does not have is the 58psi regulator. However I have seen that it is not mandatory but helps.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by dochere195 View Post
    WTF is right... Sounds exactly like something that happened to me today

Stock ECU on 06 GTX SC, on limiter at 7600 rpm @ 68.2 mph. Swap to an 06 RXP ECU, hit 7200 rpm at 62 mph.

Ski has external IC, 4" intake, some other various things. Heres the kicker. Exact same stats running both the 38lb injectors and the 42lb-ers. Only thing it does not have is the 58psi regulator. However I have seen that it is not mandatory but helps.

Any thoughts?
    it is you! ...PR...

any answer to this yet?...PR...

There are significant differences in those two ECU's, fuel mapping etc.etc. Just switching out ECU's will not work and as you are experiencing will probably set you back. The fuel pressure regulator is an important part of the fueling system, as is the boost pressure, timing , rev limit, etc,etc, how can you expect an ECU which been calibrated using a certain set of parts to now work with a mix match of incorrect components. Just switching out an ECU isn't going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by blownrxp07 View Post
    There are significant differences in those two ECU's, fuel mapping etc.etc. Just switching out ECU's will not work and as you are experiencing will probably set you back. The fuel pressure regulator is an important part of the fueling system, as is the boost pressure, timing , rev limit, etc,etc, how can you expect an ECU which been calibrated using a certain set of parts to now work with a mix match of incorrect components. Just switching out an ECU isn't going to work.
    cause it worked on earlier models, 04 and 05

PR maybe you need that extra boost the different gears on the rxp/rxt give you?

...how can you expect an ECU which been calibrated using a certain set of parts to now work with a mix match of incorrect components...
    I expect it to work because it does work. Many have set up there ski's this way with great results. It's not about whether or not the mod works, it's why this mod is not working on an 06 GTX SC / 06 RXP ECU swap?

I am one of the pioneer`s besides Jerry that actually took it all the way to make my GTX SC run like a RXT minus the SC gearing, and I compensated for that by going with a more boost wheel, good sucess on my 2004 ski, BUT we are not talking about my ski we are talking about dochere`s ski and why he`s having truoble with a simple swap including necc extra parts to make it run, it simply is not reving up to 8100-8200.
    I thought it might be the "so called timer" that lets the rpm`s gradually increas as the first 10 hours is approached. some have experienced this, I did with my new 2005 ecu in the 04 ski...PR...

Ahh ok PR, I stand corrected, didn't look at your prevoius posts on your additional mods. The "so called timer" does exist though, perhaps this is the problem.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information