Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Drains from Riva

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...20Drain%20Kits

Has anyone used these? How did they compare to the Duckbills from Atlantis?

Also i really like

RS8100 Drain Kit, Quick, SD 2-stroke, YAM 4-stroke $ 39.99

because it has a check valve to not let water in at all. Will this work on our skis?

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/images/rs8100.jpg

+1
    I'm curious to hear some feedback on this thread too as i'd like to install these on my GPRXP

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm curious to hear some feedback on this thread too as i'd like to install these on my GPRXP
    Me too because I bought the duckbill kit from atlantis to find out it includes one side fo 46 bucks. LOL. Even if the price is for one is 39.99 + shipping we have the green hulk discount to help us.

If you guys want I have 2 used ones for sale.. $40.00 for the set. These are the riva ones.. PM me

Quote Originally Posted by sponge racing View Post
    If you guys want I have 2 used ones for sale.. $40.00 for the set. These are the riva ones.. PM me
    Review on them please

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sponge racing View Post
    You've got PM

I have been running twin riva duckbills for about 4 years now with no issues except that they are now starting to dry rot but I blame that on the extreme AZ sun.

I have also removed the oem bilge and installed an electric bilge as a back up... have never needed the electric but still glad I have it.

If you do switch over to the duckbills you just HAVE TO keep your hull clean. Their biggest enemy is debris getting caught in them keeping them open and allowing water in ( I think this would apply to the check valve style as well). Anything you drop into the hull while working on it you have to fish out. Zip ties are the worst. Also I would not recomend them if you store you ski in the water as they do slowly allow some water into the hull while sitting but not enough to worry about for just a day at the lake.

The Atlantis screw in duckbills have a much smaller opening and I dont think they can empty the hull as fast.
    Last edited by a1965gt; 07-12-2007 at 08:58 PM.

+1
    The Duck bills are the same. The only problem I have had is if you leave your ski in the water achored they will take on some water.

Quote Originally Posted by a1965gt View Post
    I have been running twin riva duckbills for about 4 years now with no issues except that they are now starting to dry rot but I blame that on the extreme AZ sun.

I have also removed the oem bilge and installed an electric bilge as a back up... have never needed the electric but still glad I have it.

If you do switch over to the duckbills you just HAVE TO keep your hull clean. Their biggest enemy is debris getting caught in them keeping them open and allowing water in ( I think this would apply to the check valve style as well). Anything you drop into the hull while working on it you have to fish out. Zip ties are the worst. Also I would not recomend them if you store you ski in the water as they do slowly allow some water into the hull while sitting but not enough to worry about for just a day at the lake.

The Atlantis screw in duckbills have a much smaller opening and I dont think they can empty the hull as fast.
    But I guess at the same time they don't let as much water in. Hmm, those check valve ones would be perfect. Maybe someone has some on their GPR.

I was hammered for recommending this ones. I have both sets, the Riva ones are harder to install but they flow more water and will require some help, unless you follow this instructions and then you should be OK!!!

http://www.hydrotoys.com/gpr/tuners/.../Duckbills.pdf

The ones from Atlantis are a direct replacemnt for the stock drain plugs, the one thing that I did with then was having the I/D bored to 1/2 inch to increase the water volume. The advantage of these ones is that if you loose one you can quickly reinstall the plug.

Duckbills are not recommended for skis that will remain in the water unattended. and I always ALWAYs spray them with silicone spray after every ride to keep them crisp. It is important to have a strong zip tie on them, and maintain the engine compartment clean which I always do. (vacuum your ski inside after every single pipe diassembly and the rear also if you can) this will ensure that nothing will get hanged at the duckbill. The other advantage of the screw in type is that you can just unscrew them to clean them up.

Regardless if you get them or not I highly recomment to all of the XLT's and 1200 GPR to have an electronic bilge pump. The stock siphon system works very slow and it has an inline duckbill that cracks withing the first year of use(at least mine did)

My first choice now that I have both sets would have to be the screw in type bored out to 1/2 inch

Fercho
    Last edited by Fercho; 07-13-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information