Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

who makes good trailers?

?

+1
    I would say Triton is the best. But you will pay dearly for one! Shorelander then Karavan. I have a YachtClub and think they are as good as Shorelander or Karavan just not the name. Just my opinion
    Last edited by Tennessee; 07-12-2007 at 09:22 PM.

Id say the big ones are

Triton (I paid like 900 with the ski for mine)
    Islander
    Shorelander

Those are the big ones i see int he Chi town area.

My friend actualy just got a 2 place Triton Elite, Awesome trailer to say the least.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    basically... look at the construction of the frame. if u look at some of the bandit and load-rite models, and especially the Sea-Lion trailers.... the frames and tongues aren't one complete welded frame. it's a bolt-together POS. the Sea Lions basicallt are 100% held together by nuts and bolts with no welding.

Some trailers have adjsutable hangers, so you can move the axle forward and back. Some are fixed with brackets welded to the frame for the springs and axle.

Shorelander makes a nice trailer
    Karavan Makes a nice trailer
    Yacht-club trailers are pretty nice.

i recommend 12" tires on single trailers. NEVER settle for something with 10" tires on it. Double trailers and quads often come with a nice radial 13" tire... but again, anything under 12" is bad news for your bearings, bad news for heat in the hubs, and will torture your trailer on prolonged highway driving.

are you fresh water or salt water, or 50/50? .... you need to look at aluminum vs painted vs powdercaoted vs galvanized.

also... for todays machines, a load rating of at least 1200lbs is a must have to stay under the limit when u r loaded up with gear and a full tank of fuel.

look at the cross-beams. are the straight, or are they parabolic and curved and comform to the shape of the hull? the straight across models make the machine high on the trailer, making you have to drive in deeper to launch it, which can be problematic for some people at low tide. never and better quality trailers "cradle" the machine such that the bunks and cross beams are curved to make the machine ride lower and actually be a PART of the trailer, not just a sore thumb statue sticking on top of the trailer looking top-heavy

+1
    I've got a Triton double and LOVE it. No complaints at all.

I vote for Triton!!!! I got a double almn. trailer rated for 2300 Lbs for $1,400. Very well made trailer. I had a magic tilt and a Chine, both were a POS!!! Stay away!!!! I have owned a couple of others wich were OK. But hands down, the Triton is the best trailer I have owned.

cheatin' piston popper addicted's Avatar
    +1
    I have Karavan and shoreland'r. I would not recommend the karavan to anyone. Bolted together POS, bunk adjustments keep slipping, ect. My shoreland'r is all welded and a beautiful. The triton's I saw at the bug were very nice, but I have heard stories of the aluminum welds cracking.

Check out Tritons new double tamdem wheel trailer. NICE

http://www.tritontrailers.com/models1.asp?ModelID=80

DON`T get Load Rite either, they blow! they are also bolted together for most models Bandit. some are welded...PR...
    I have a freakin john boat trailer BDT141000, that`s what the stealer snuck under the ski on me , junk...PR...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by addicted View Post
    I have Karavan and shoreland'r. I would not recommend the karavan to anyone. Bolted together POS, bunk adjustments keep slipping, ect. My shoreland'r is all welded and a beautiful. The triton's I saw at the bug were very nice, but I have heard stories of the aluminum welds cracking.
    Everyone has "heard" of the Triton's welds cracking... but you sure do see a lot of 10+ year old Triton trailers selling for pretty good $$$. Not to mention... looking at the welds on mine I really can't see it happening... they are def VERY nice welds.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information