Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tiny Tach Commercial Question?

Hello,

I wired my tiny tach up as chrisrokc instructed(thanks) and am not quite sure what to believe. The max rpm it reads at full throttle from a roll-on is 6940-6960. The max rpm recall feature though always shows 7020-7080. Which reading is more accurate? I understand that if I'm spinning the impeller from the hole then I would get a bogus max rpm reading so that's why I took the readings from a roll. Any input?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by thebert View Post
    Hello,

I wired my tiny tach up as chrisrokc instructed(thanks) and am not quite sure what to believe. The max rpm it reads at full throttle from a roll-on is 6940-6960. The max rpm recall feature though always shows 7020-7080. Which reading is more accurate? I understand that if I'm spinning the impeller from the hole then I would get a bogus max rpm reading so that's why I took the readings from a roll. Any input?

Thanks.
    What are your mods?

This is where I have my tach mounted.

I can watch mine in any riding position rise to upper 7000's. So I see it hit its max and it records it correctly.
    Last edited by Chrisrokc; 07-12-2007 at 07:55 PM.

I mounted my tach on the dash, far right upper corner just above the warning buzzer. I can see it fine but I don't know why the max rpm recall and current rpm's aren't the same. I'm trying to tune this thing and it's apparent that I have too much impeller(nujet 13/20) and/or too little power. I have a stock milled head, vf3 reeds, rejetted carbs( 125m, 110p) chokes & accelerator pump removed & r&d power plenum. The hole shot is similar to my old 13/19 and it ran 71 mph off the trailer with no tuning. I have the highs turned out to 1 & 3/4 and backed them in a 1/4 turn and it lost rpm(50) and slowed down so I'm scratching my head...

+1
    The max rpm probably occured when the pump came out of the water. It'll spike a bit.

+1
    I mounted my tach on the dash, far right upper corner just above the warning buzzer. I can see it fine but I don't know why the max rpm recall and current rpm's aren't the same. I'm trying to tune this thing and it's apparent that I have too much impeller(nujet 13/20) and/or too little power. I have a stock milled head, vf3 reeds, rejetted carbs( 125m, 110p) chokes & accelerator pump removed & r&d power plenum. The hole shot is similar to my old 13/19 and it ran 71 mph off the trailer with no tuning. I have the highs turned out to 1 & 3/4 and backed them in a 1/4 turn and it lost rpm(50) and slowed down so I'm scratching my head...
    If you turned it in and lost RPM you definately need to screw them back out. Keep screwing them out until you loose RPM. Then turn them out until you reach peak RPM's

BTW, 1/4 of a turn is way too much to lean it out at one time IMHO. Try adjustments as small as 1/16-1/8 of a turn when leaning it out. 1/4 out to richen it up is fine. Then fine tune by turning them in.

Yea I am going to guess you got your max rpm reading on the gauge when the ski came out of the water for a sec. I came out of the water some but I always let off when I come out of the water.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    I see you have a carbed ski. If you put duel fuel feeds on your ski. You can fill the reserve /on /off hole with your tack? I think it looks cool,,, and when racing your head is down any how.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tack_set_up002_110.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	845.9 KB 
ID:	31316  

+1
    Hello,

I wired my tiny tach up as chrisrokc instructed(thanks)
    I'd like to know the trick My TT commercial starts to get eratic readings at WOT. At cruising speed it is stable. When making speed passes it gets to about 6900-7000 the goes hay wire! I can recall max rpm and see like 9180rpm??? Plus my TT has to be set to 180 degrees to be close?? If I set to 360 its way off, 120 degrees is way off also?

Thanks -BT

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Thomas View Post
    I'd like to know the trick My TT commercial starts to get eratic readings at WOT. At cruising speed it is stable. When making speed passes it gets to about 6900-7000 the goes hay wire! I can recall max rpm and see like 9180rpm??? Plus my TT has to be set to 180 degrees to be close?? If I set to 360 its way off, 120 degrees is way off also?

Thanks -BT
    This is what you do

Take the red wire and rap it around each spark plug wire 2-3 times. I did this close to the ecu around the black parts of the wire. Then set it for 120. Should work perfectly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrokc View Post
    This is what you do

Take the red wire and rap it around each spark plug wire 2-3 times. I did this close to the ecu around the black parts of the wire. Then set it for 120. Should work perfectly.
    Thanks! -BT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information