Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Got it last night!!!!!

I just picked up my 05 rxt last night. It's the black and green model with 46 hours got a good deal I think. I got back in time to throw it in the water for a few hours and it ran 65.2 on GPS which impressed me since I weigh 270. Is that about average? Anyway I'm hoping to get ahold of GH so I can get those washers and bearings changed out for the weekend. Well just wanted to say hi and thanks for all the info on here.

MONGO

Awesome..... welcome to the world of having the best ski money can buy, being addicted to it and get ready to realize what this ski can do!!!

I bought my 05 RXT last month off a guy and he took great care of it, had 50 hours on it and it has been a beautiful piece of equipment since day one..... definitely get the washers swapped.... you know this though. The ski is gonna flash a "MAINT" light once it hits 50 hours because it wants the oil changed.... hopefully that was one of the questions you had answered in the purchase process but if not, you could either change it or let it ride..... but the warning will not go away until the dealer off's it in the computer sys, so you might as well have him change the oil, do a general compression check and overall look at the engine for possible future damages and even change the oil while he is in there.... but that is up to you and your current pocket book situation.

As far as your speed is concerned that sounds perfect.... I am a big guy to and was worried about this and I got around 66.8 on GPS with mine.... my bro who is half my weight recently got pulled over by the sherriff's office doing 68!!!! The big thing to watch for is not so much mph(all though they are important) but more the RPM's. A well groomed ski should be 7900-8100 depending on the conditions of the water and the temp/humidity/elavation.

I would recommend not riding the ski hard if at all until you get the washers replaced but I took the HUGE risk of riding after I got it cause I had to wait about a week for my washer change.... it's something like a $2000 repair not to mention the wait time which is weeks if not months to clean out your engine.... risk vs. gain.....

But it is good to know you got a good ski and this is the place to be for newer owners like ourselves.... keep your eye out for posts by some of the veteran members that have high modded ski's because they certainly won't stear you wrong..... and how about some pics when you get a second????

J

Like Jaycee said dont think twice about getting the bearings and washers changed out. Jerry might be a little behind since hes on vacation BUT i would deal with this down time rather then the down time a ceramic washer or bearing failure would be. It's just not worth the risk.

, yay! enjoy your new ride!...PR...

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar

Thumbs up

Welcome!

Good move on the SC'er washers!

Just my luck he's on vacation. I was hoping i could drop it off to him and get a quick turn around since I just live down the road 10 mins.

Oh yea i forgot to ask. The guy I got it from had it winterized and hadn't had it out since. Do the dealers change the oil when they do that or should just go ahead and change it. also if it was changed would they have reset the "maint" code or does it just come on at 50 automatically?

+1
    They should have changed the oil at storage time. As far as the 50 hour light goes, I would guess it will come on shortly after the 50 hour mark. I think the 50 hour service is a little more than just an oil change. One of you dealers should be able to answer this better than me. Enjoy your new ski!!!!

Mongo....

I have gotta be honest and say that I wouldn't believe that during a winterize storage they shouldn't change the oil.... mostly they would stabilize the gas and do various things to ensure the engine can handle the cold but I have never heard of oil being changed during a winterize..... could be wrong though.... I suppose it all depends on where you are from.

And I believe the light cannot be reset until it goes off so I would imagine it would come on at 50 hrs..... nice reminder but it sucks... I know. Also I wanted to make sure you knew that you have the self test feature on your ski.... if you hit the "set" button right under the "mode" button on your left handlebar 5x it will run itself to diagnose any problems.... just for future reference.....

Hope you have some good rides.....

J

+1
    Your dealer may not but I know it should be. Blowby contaminates the oil and should not stay in the motor while it sits for the winter. The additaves that started in the gas are now mized in your oil and will tear up your motor. I know that the dealers here do the oil change for sure!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
    Mongo....

I have gotta be honest and say that I wouldn't believe that during a winterize storage they shouldn't change the oil.... mostly they would stabilize the gas and do various things to ensure the engine can handle the cold but I have never heard of oil being changed during a winterize..... could be wrong though.... I suppose it all depends on where you are from.

And I believe the light cannot be reset until it goes off so I would imagine it would come on at 50 hrs..... nice reminder but it sucks... I know. Also I wanted to make sure you knew that you have the self test feature on your ski.... if you hit the "set" button right under the "mode" button on your left handlebar 5x it will run itself to diagnose any problems.... just for future reference.....

Hope you have some good rides.....

J

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information