Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

R-Rated Heat Extractor??

Guys;

Has anyone tried the R-Rated Heat Extractor kit that Skip has written about? I can't seem to find it anywhere.. Did they not start producing it? I really don't like the heat soak issue. I can't imagine what you FL riders feel on this beast. Also, it looks like a simple mod.

Best,
    LB

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lordblack View Post
    Guys;

Has anyone tried the R-Rated Heat Extractor kit that Skip has written about? I can't seem to find it anywhere.. Did they not start producing it? I really don't like the heat soak issue. I can't imagine what you FL riders feel on this beast. Also, it looks like a simple mod.

Best,
    LB
    I don't think Rudy is producing them anymore. I wanted one when I purchased my other parts but he did not have any. He had it listed on his web site but took it off a few months ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heat_ex_kit.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	31326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1411.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	149.0 KB 
ID:	31327  

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Taken off prolly cause it exhausts the already intercooled air to the outside and found that might not be the best idea??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Taken off prolly cause it exhausts the already intercooled air to the outside and found that might not be the best idea??
    The blow off hoses are routed inside the rear vent hoses. The blow off
    creates a suction in the vent hose that draws heat out. I thought it looked like a great product and would have used it.

Hey Rudy....... make some more !!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    "The blow off hoses are routed inside the rear vent hoses."

Do you understand that the "blow off" is from the relief valve that operates at idle + slightly above and the air "blown off" has already been cooled by the intercooler? This mod also removes the ducting. The heat extractor connected to the BOV SHOULD be useless for venturi principle since it is not designed to operate hardly at all...except that since the air inlet duct removed, natual convection will allow hot air to escape.

Not trying to tell you or anyone else what not to buy, or R-rated products by any means. Only providing my thoughts of the logic behind the mod and it's effects/risk level. It just seems to me, and think it was mentioned before, the question i posted here earlier would be the reasoning to pull from the market or offered/advertised as a seasonal product for use during cooler months.

Did you ask R-Rated WHY they stopped making them? For the price and make up it looks profitable.

Name:	extractor.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	31346  

+1
    Sory about the heat extractors . We are to busy to make any more will make some in winter time . we are busy now trying to get the ultra250x to the 80 mph mark !

the extractors do work great

Name:	100_1731.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	713.0 KB 
ID:	31348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_1686.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	711.0 KB 
ID:	31349  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    Do you understand that the "blow off" is from the relief valve that operates at idle + slightly above and the air "blown off" has already been cooled by the intercooler? This mod also removes the ducting. The heat extractor connected to the BOV SHOULD be useless for venturi principle since it is not designed to operate hardly at all...except that since the air inlet duct removed, natual convection will allow hot air to escape.

Not trying to tell you or anyone else what not to buy, or R-rated products by any means. Only providing my thoughts of the logic behind the mod and it's effects/risk level. It just seems to me, and think it was mentioned before, the question i posted here earlier would be the reasoning to pull from the market or offered/advertised as a seasonal product for use during cooler months.

Did you ask R-Rated WHY they stopped making them? For the price and make up it looks profitable.
    I don't know why they don't make them anymore. WHY don't YOU call them and ask them

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    Sory about the heat extractors . We are to busy to make any more will make some in winter time . we are busy now trying to get the ultra250x to the 80 mph mark !

the extractors do work great

WHOA! That ain't no extractor; that's a freakin' tweaked blower! Tell us more!
    I guess at 80 my ski will be a bit cooler

+1
    The blow off hoses are routed inside the rear vent hoses. The blow off
    creates a suction in the vent hose that draws heat out. I thought it looked like a great product and would have used it.

Hey Rudy....... make some more !!!!!!
    Shaker you are correct about the routing of the heat extractors. I meant to say that they route up to the rear duct holes. Sorry about that. When I said bov I was using it as a general term for the bov and the relief valve.
    Hey Rudy...... If you come down to the race at Lake Anna, bring me a set of those extractors. I would love to blow smoke or corn startch or whatever the hell it is in the photo out my rear vents

+1
    I don't know why they don't make them anymore. WHY don't YOU call them and ask them
    Because I have zero interest in owning that product due to the risk I see associated and IMO there are other, safer, ways to extract heat. I do not disagree one bit that removing heat from the hull is an absolutely major deal here on the 250X. For sure credit is due for coming out so early on with a product that clearly "works"....It's just a risky way to do it IMO, especially for peeps like myself that recreationally ride offshore or tow surf in particular. I hope r-rated respects my opinion on their product and understands i'm not trying to hurt their business intentionally or maliciously. I do wish that they'd come out every once in awhile to do sales speal/Q&A on their new products since they are a member obviously.

There are many peeps here that are admittingly not mechanically inclined. There are also MANY that are. I post only to voice my opinion and help others understand as many aspects/risks, good or bad, on these mods that my experience and knowledge affords.

I am confident you weren't alone in thinking that the air inlet ducting was to be kept in place with this mod.

I did not mean to offend you in any way, it just seemed to me that would be the next logical question to ask during your conversation with R-Rated or for that matter to have been offered it, particularly to one whom is specifically interested in their product. (not to mention when they will be in production next)

My speculative/question was only from my eyes. My knowledge of manufacturing even indicates that the product looked profitable, so why else would a business stop making them and remove from the website? I personally dont think i'd remove a product from my site if it was simply unavailable at this time and busy on other more worthy projects....i'd just tag it as so.

Whatever, just tying to help/participate. I'm sure some appreciate my unbiased opinion.

I truly wish you the best of success in reaching your modification goals safely and reliably.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information