Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Oil Light? Then??LIMP MODE?

I ran into a little problem this weekend. I was cruising along at 6000 rpm's and all over a sudden i lose power and my oil light flashes and one continuous beep starts. SO, i shut here off check the oil level (OK)and look for any odd or loose looking deals on the ski. Put the key back in and she fires up, idles A-OK and i start to try and plane off to get home at around 3000-3500 and she goes into limp mode and the oil Light and beeping starts again. So i just iddled in and put her up. Today, changed oil and filter and the oil level was great (FYI) . Go to run her and she is fine when i go nto a sweeping turn the dam thing happens again with the oil light and beeping! Now it only happens when i turn not when i plane off? WTF??? Is it a sensor or what? Any ideas? THanks guys

Oh i forgotthe ski runs perfect when it runs. RPM and GPS wise!!!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like the oil level is a little to low.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Did you have a ceramics failure before? Sounds like the oil pumps are toast. Do not ride anymore till someone makes sure you have plenty of oil pressure.

Mine has a leaking crank seal in the rear, I think, after the dealer rebuild, and when it gets below the bottom mark it will go to idle during a rough water high speed run. It's only happened a few times. But when I stop it will go full throttle again. I haven't been in "full limp mode" yet.

its seems like after you boys touch the motors the jetski's dont wanna run good anymore. im getting skeptical on moding my ski now?>.

I have an air filter, that's it to the motor. I'm with you on the motor mods, that's why I've stuck with just the filter. Stock skis have problems just the same.
    The dealer rebuilt my motor after a cam chain breaking and didn't replace the seal, I think. I'll take it in later this summer for repair. I'm busy riding.

+1

Guys

No it never had a ceramis failure! I believe it has a tops problem or a bad sensor but they are going to hook her up to the computer tomarrow! I will check out the oil pressure. It ran like a champ for a few minutes today at full power and 8300+ rpm's. Just when you turn it went into limp mode? Its got to be a sensor of some sort IMHO

Had same problem on my 04 RXP. Dealer called Seadoo and they said it is a known issue and have updated the sending unit. Dealer replaced sending unit with new style and so far no oil light.

Hey there I had the Same problem with my 04 RXP, the main issue was that the thing did not show on BUDS. The way that mine was sorted was they changed the oil sensor and the plugs and that seemed to stop the problem. When the Oil light comes on it was putting the ski on 1 cylinder which I thought was limp home mode hence the one bad plug.

But they also changed my washers for the steel ones at the same time? FOC. I did ask if mine had broken up and they said no but now I have noise's coming from my engine sounding like something is crunching around in there... also only 59mph max.... strange!

Good luck with your problem but if you look at the sensor that sorted mine (sort of)

What year is the ski? since your ski is unharmed from any sc failure then I`d say it`s the oil pressure sensor or the OSPS (oil seperator pressure switch) which is located up front. these 2 sensors have been known to fail...
    they also don`t show up in the BUDS VCK...

I had same thing but it was the oil pressure reg after a dealer sc disaster repair...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information