Anybody regret buying a 250 ??

I have two ultra 150's a 99 and an 03 and although people complain about their quirky handling, I wouldn't have it any other way, spanking just about anything out on the river in the rough with my ultra is ultra satisfying... Anywho, the 99 is going and as much as i'm hoping for a 2 seater 4 stroke muscle-craft from kawi, yammi, or Honda that does 70+ out of the box ( I refuse to buy a sea-bomb ) who really knows whats comming down the pipe. I'm sure i'll get plenty of use out of my 03 for playing and screwing around when I feel the need, and ride the 250 when I don't feel like getting beat up. Is the 250 playful at all ?? can you throw it around ?? jump it ??? spin it out ?? I figure with a wedge Riva plate I should be near 70... Thanks...

P.S. why is the blue one a grand more than the red one ????
    Last edited by Chris288; 07-13-2007 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    I have two ultra 150's a 99 and an 03 and although people complain about their quirky handling, I wouldn't have it any other way, spanking just about anything out on the river in the rough with my ultra is ultra satisfying... Anywho, the 99 is going and as much as i'm hoping for a 2 seater 4 stroke muscle-craft from kawi, yammi, or Honda that does 70+ out of the box ( I refuse to buy a sea-bomb ) who really knows whats comming down the pipe. I'm sure i'll get plenty of use out of my 03 for playing and screwing around when I feel the need, and ride the 250 when I don't feel like getting beat up. Is the 250 playful at all ?? can you throw it around ?? jump it ??? spin it out ?? I figure with a wedge Riva plate I should be near 70... Thanks...

P.S. why is the blue one a grand more than the red one ????
    I have never heard that the blue is more expensive than the red one....weird

My riding experiences will answer some of your questions.

you can throw it into a hard high speed turn and it will be very stable and comfortable, i've never been able to do a 360, but I remember someone saying they finally got it figured out cause it needs a different touch to do it.

Jumping....small wakes it will just cut through and you can cut that at WOT, larger boat wakes, yes sir she will jump, and ocean waves oh yes she'll jump. I've yet to jump her with a WOT blast, but basically cause I dont want to get hurt out at see by myself lol

SeaDoocer
    Maybe becuase they are having trouble with the red paint but Kawi doesn't want to admit it..

+1
    Since I didn't buy mine for smooth water top speed, I've had really no "buyers remorse."

It's been an amazing watercraft TO ME, but certainly with many small issues, like the worthless gauges, the very stupid immobilizer, the soft red paint, and the horrible gas mileage. It's all in what you NEED out of a watercraft. Yesterday, it became a tow craft for me. Worked like a charm too. Of all my watercraft that I ride, everyone wants to ride the Red-Cow when the water gets rough. It takes no prisoners in the rough.

Thread Information