New to me for electrical wiring

http://www.posi-lock.com/

For anyone doing wiring on their ski I highly recommend these connectors and taps on a wire. They are quick and easy to connect up wires for depth finders, bilge blowers, lights, etc. Best of all they are available at most Walmarts. There are water tight ones available but I just use a little di-electric grease in the body and screw them up, no corrosion. Another plus is that they come apart easily when you have to disconnect something to work on it. They also have fuse holders with the same design. Just strip the wire and screw together...they absolutely hold and make a good connection.

mr. knowitall
    i am always doing something with wires be it on my truck, bike, boat , or ski and perfer the solder and heat shrink method but will try anything once, twice if i like it so i'll take your word on it and give them a shot. thanks for the tip

wall mart you say,i will buy one and give it a try also

Quote Originally Posted by southboundchicken View Post
    i am always doing something with wires be it on my truck, bike, boat , or ski and perfer the solder and heat shrink method but will try anything once, twice if i like it so i'll take your word on it and give them a shot. thanks for the tip
    You won't be sorry....I also soldered and heat shrink and it's a pita compared to these things. They are so easy and quick and you can take them apart easily without unsoldering, etc.

They are at Walmart in the Automotive Wiring dept.

+1
    Autozone has them. I also prefer solder & heat shrink, hands down to anything, I have used posi-locks several times and they are great for temporary use, like mending a spark plug wire after it burns in two pieces(only works on copper core). When I was 4 wheelin I also kept several in my tool box, but once I got back home the joint was soldered and heat shrink, or the wire replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by cbrich View Post
    Autozone has them. I also prefer solder & heat shrink, hands down to anything, I have used posi-locks several times and they are great for temporary use, like mending a spark plug wire after it burns in two pieces(only works on copper core). When I was 4 wheelin I also kept several in my tool box, but once I got back home the joint was soldered and heat shrink, or the wire replaced.
    I've been running with them for 2 years without ANY failure. They just don't seem to cause any problems. The tap type is especially nice because you don't have to cut into the purple wire to tap it. Just screw on the tap which pierces the purple wire and connect what you want to the DSS controled +12 volts.

Closed mouth no get fed,...... travelboysteve's Avatar
    This is a tried and true connector and is not new. They will hold up fine if the right ones for the application are used,......we've been calling them jelly beans for years,(electricians and telephone company)........good to see they are being massed produced for the general public. Before jelly beans, we always shot a little high grade silicone into any connection that needed to be free from corrosion, etc., (low voltage stuff, 120 volts and lower). Kewl ideer,.....will try 'em out,.......

Thread Information