New Numbers!

Ok went out today. Water was nice. Here is what I got

Alt - 1190
    Temp - 76
    Humid - 66%
    Pressure - 30.08
    Wind - 4 mph

Mph - 71.6
    RPM - 7100+ (tiny tach reads 7145 but I didn't see it climb to that)
    Sitting straight up no superman
    Full Tank of Gas

Mods -

14/20 Dynafly
    No Impeller Cone
    2005 Pump
    Fercho Jetworks
    Riva D-Plate opened up slightly
    EFI Controller 5-5-1-7
    Fercho VF3's
    Open Throttle Bodies
    FF Plate .945-.950 angle
    1200r Grate
    85mm Nozzle with bildge tube and spray out and filled
    No Tabs
    Waveeater clips and couplers
    Amsoil Interceptor Oil
    Pump Plug Kit
    Bucket out holes drilled in hood under cowl
    Pump Shoe bolt hole filled

So guys... is this about right? Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions?

I feel there could be more speed in her. I ran a clean 72 mph earlier in the week but I fixed my nozzle since it was loose and I filled it up with a full tank of gas. That day the air was also worse.

Once you run less than a half tank of fuel it will do even better. How is your aceleration?

Are you running a timing key or higher than stock compression?

The reason I ask is because of your elevation. 1100 ft dont sound like much but as a wise man once told me (WFO ) Your elevation will slow you down, cause you to need less fuel, and need to run more timing and or compression than at sea leval. Im at 1000 ft and do see a differance. So the 5,5 on your controler "might" be able to come down a click or so if your holeshot and acceleration is more sluggish than you think it should be.

Also that 1200 grate will be a little less stable with a NO-tab setup than an 800 would. Just my experience.

Woody would be a great person to ask about the elevation issues.

Feels great ouf the hole. I messed with the EFI today and I think I made it even a little faster out of the hole but I put it back because I didn't have anyone to compare holeshot with. I had it just at a tad below five when i messed with it.

I am running stock compression. I have been thinking about doing a milled stock head. I have been talking to Lowell about it through email. My hot compression was 118-118-115. Cold is like 123-123-120.

And I am not running a keyway. I have thought about it but I keep telling my self I don't want to have more down time and that I was that advent ecu if it ever comes out.

Anyways, both of those are TBD.

The 800 grate I want really bad but I am waiting to see if Jerry gets those new improved grates out. I hear the R&D ones break...

+1
    I'll lend you my R&D 800 grate for testing. Once you ride with it, you will gladly send it back. It's good for top speed only, IMO. I could not get the 1200 grate back on it fast enought.

Sounds like a plan. Now you know where that extra speed is when you want it. Yours sounds like its right on track with the setup it has now.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I'll lend you my R&D 800 grate for testing. Once you ride with it, you will gladly send it back. It's good for top speed only, IMO. I could not get the 1200 grate back on it fast enought.
    Really? I have heard that from several people but havent had that experience myself. I notice just a little more cavitation but not much and the ski feels better in the midrange and top end with it.

I will have to put the 1200 back on and feel it again.
    Im not disagreeing with you or the hundred other people I have heard that from. I just dont get why I dont have that experinence?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Really? I have heard that from several people but havent had that experience myself. I notice just a little more cavitation but not much and the ski feels better in the midrange and top end with it.

I will have to put the 1200 back on and feel it again.
    Im not disagreeing with you or the hundred other people I have heard that from. I just dont get why I dont have that experinence?
    The differences could be between the 1200 pv motor and 1300 non-pv motor. For my set up, there was a lot more cavitation, it did not hook up as good, nor pull in the bottom end or mid like the 1200. I can not argue the top speed though. I like to jump wakes and the diffference between the 2 grates were night and day. Again, it could just be my set up too.

hmmm.. Earlier this year when I first put on my 800 grate I couldnt even go half throttle without it whining and just sitting there cavitating and I thought the 800 grate was a piece of crap. Then I had to take everything apart because I destroyed some stuff from sucking up rocks. After the setup was changed and put back together the 800 grate is working great and even pulls hard off the line. I dont really know what I did different when I redid it all but something sure made a difference. The prop I had to replace was brand new so I know that wasnt it.

I guess its like everything else with these things. It ALL works together and what works for some doesnt work for others.

Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    PM Sent!

+1
    Hmmm. What did you re-do and what is your set up?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information