Raleigh, NC

Impeller Shaft, wear ring condition

Hey all! I have been researching the forum for about a month. I'll have a bunch of questions up front and will hopefully be able to add value in the future. Recently bought an '05 GTX SC. Some rich Dad bought this for his kid and the kid went off to school. It was ridden in the ocean a couple times and the local lakes a couple times. It sat in a yard for 4 months after 32 hours....cleaned up good and seems to run very well. It's an '05 GTX SC
    One thing I noticed was the condition of the impeller shaft and wear ring. Since it is so visibly scored I'm sure it should be replaced.
    The prop should probably be replaced as well..thoughts?
    What about the impeller shaft?
    It doesn't appear to leak at the seal but it is in rough shape.
    It looks like a somewhat popular upgrade is an RXT shaft and impeller. If popular opinion is to upgrade shaft and impeller, where can I find a RXT shaft and impeller?
    Thanks in advance-there are several on the forum that seem very helpful and extremely knowledgeable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	post_wear_ring.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	31361  

Visalia, Ca
    if I were you I would replace that drive shaft, impeller and wear ring. I can see the scoring in the wear ring and the prop isn't looking too hot. With that much rust on the drive shaft I would also give the ski a complete and throe going over. Take the pump out and check the grease in the (can't remember name of part) tail cone thingie

Get the ceramic washers out of the supercharger, check for salt corrosion in the throttle body, change oil/filter, ect

When you remove that drive shaft you will probably pull the bearing out with it since it is so rusted, you will need the tool and a couple days of soaking the floating ring with penetrating oil before you even attempt to slide the floating ring back.

Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for the advice. I'll review the posts for different tips and then roll up my sleeves.

PropOrJet, Welcome to the forum! What ski is this? I agree with Lurker, yeah def change the wear ring and clean up the prop if it is salvageable. see if the rust on the drive shaft comes off or is really etched in there...
    all the info you need is right here just do a search! ...PR...

Thread Information