1994 slt stator replacement

Glad to have found such a informative site. Seems as though my early ski might have lunched a stator. Anybody know what stator i should get to replace mine? I would just as soon not put the same thing back in...

+1
    tallyhoe, WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!

Do you have a running issue, no spark, loss of power, can you give us some more info?? The stators on the Fuji engine rarely go bad.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk. There aren't any other options that I know of other than another Polaris stocker. Besides, that stator prob lasted 10 years or longer. Why wouldn't you want another one of those?

thanks for the fast replies guys.. Ski has run good for the last couple yrs. I bought it on ebay three yrs. ago. My friends sl 700 beats me everytime though. I sent the jet out to Impros last yr. Had Took it out this spring and it kept fouling plugs, especially the cylinder towards the back. I thought maybe i had bad gas so i drained everything and gave it fresh gas. No difference. After getting fustrated from buying new plugs i brought it too my friends who is really good with mechanics. His first observations was that the spark is very weak and that the compression was blowing it out. He called his friend at the local polaris service shop and they mentioned that the stator could be at fault. So i have downloaded the manual off this site for him to use in diagnosing it. Should have an answer on whats really wrong with it this weekend. He just needed to know what numbers to look for on the stator ect. Seems like we might have to pull the motor ect to get this thing fixed and our summers up here in Maine are already short...
    Thanks
    Guy

+1
    Guy, might I suggest removing the orange spark plug cap/resisitor and trimming back the spark plug wire 1/8-1/4 inch and then screw the orange cap back into the fresh material?
    Corrosion in that area will do the same thing. I'd actually do that to all of the wires and of course throw in another set of plugs, what number are you useing?

Thanks for the suggestion, i had already tried cutting back the wires. didnt help though. I am using br7es's.

guy

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    You should be using BPR7ES, but most guys like the BPR8ES as they run a little cooler. The "P" stands for projected tip, which puts the spark more in the center of the combustion chamber What kind of RPM are you getting? It's possible the impeller is too tall and lugging the motor down.

Thread Information