Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ask me about my two girl shows havoc's Avatar

What Impellor should I get for a stock 05' RXT??

Just bought this 2005 RXT and already sucked a rock. Impellor is beat but still in working condition. Figure It will be down for a day or two for the SC washer replacement. Might as well replace the impellor at the same time.

So my question is......What manufacture. style, and pitch impellor should I purchase for my stock RXT??? Looking for mid-range get-up-and-go as well as top speed. No plans for modifying this boat.

thanks guys

JD

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    Just bought this 2005 RXT and already sucked a rock. Impellor is beat but still in working condition. Figure It will be down for a day or two for the SC washer replacement. Might as well replace the impellor at the same time.

So my question is......What manufacture. style, and pitch impellor should I purchase for my stock RXT??? Looking for mid-range get-up-and-go as well as top speed. No plans for modifying this boat.

thanks guys

JD
    i used a 13/18 solas on my 05 gtx, it was great, my mate has it in his rxp stage 1 at the moment, he says its great in there to

That seadoo pump loves suckin stuff up. I could ride a yamaha a year without a problem, with a RXP/RXT it's a weekly affair.
    What Bill said about the prop, that's a good one. I have a solas on mine. I have to pull the pump today bc something is in it.

thats the truth RIDEALLDAY. I'm used to riding my GPR's and I could have sworn the water was atleast 2' deep. I gased it a little to swing it around and bang it sucked up a couple of rocks. One of the GPR's never would have done that. Now it needs a new impellor and wear ring. Go figure.

JD

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    thats the truth RIDEALLDAY. I'm used to riding my GPR's and I could have sworn the water was atleast 2' deep. I gased it a little to swing it around and bang it sucked up a couple of rocks. One of the GPR's never would have done that. Now it needs a new impellor and wear ring. Go figure.

JD
    the gtx/ rxt/ rxp all have the same pump which is stronger than the yams, they can hover the bottom better, so deeper water is needed before you cain it

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibill9999 View Post
    the gtx/ rxt/ rxp all have the same pump which is stronger than the yams, they can hover the bottom better, so deeper water is needed before you cain it
    your not kidding! there is so much suction it will literally suck clam shells and debris right off the bottom...PR...

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    i just put in a 13/17 scat trac 3 blade swirll and it pulls real hard in rough water

Why a 13/17 instead of the proscribed 13/18? What is the advantages to it?

JD

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    i used the 13/18in my father in laws boat and he lost rpms. i went to the dealer today and that was what they had.didnt know any better. i have alwaysed loved swirlled impellers

Cool

imo a 13/18 solas is best or a 13/17 skat 3 blade swirl , both may require a tweaking to suit your ski . most props pitches needs tweaking to gain max rpm closest to your limiter so you dont lose precious hp .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information