Its confirmed, nose cone was problem

Well, it is confirmed. Went out yesterday after drilling the holes in my Solas nose cone and weeks in the shop.................ran like a bear for over three hours. The cone WAS the problem. Be carefull with this. Make sure there isnt any pockets of air or water getting in otherwise it will be a problem

+1
    Did they also install a new rubber button on the front of the driveshaft since your old one was split?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Did they also install a new rubber button on the front of the driveshaft since your old one was split?
    Yes. new rubber boot, accordian, and carbon ring. I have to get my impeller refurbished and another wear ring. I came in to shallow the one time while sinking, the fear overrode me!!

What was the problem? I read the last post about you sinking?

There is big thread titled "help" about it all but...........i put in a stage 1 kit and to make a long story short, When the pump was going on the shaft, the Solas nose cone o rings were sealing as it went on therefore forming an air pocket between the shaft and the back of the impeller. After many hours, money and so on...............I drilled two holes in the pump end of the cone to allow the air out and it fixed it.
    Why was I sinking, the air pocket put pressure towards the PTO and while the air heated up OR water got in the little air pocket pressurized if you will to the point of pushing the shaft forward........splitting the rubber button on the shaft, and therefore the carbon seal would start leaking.

Yo Catch me .. Who does your warranty work? Im in phila ... I have yet to find someone that can work on these or if i do they are backed up for 4 weeks ...

How long did you have the Solas on before it started to do this? I just put mine one a week ago and put the green cone on it, is this a common problem or just an isolated incident?

Quote Originally Posted by CRAZEDRXP View Post
    Yo Catch me .. Who does your warranty work? Im in phila ... I have yet to find someone that can work on these or if i do they are backed up for 4 weeks ...
    J and J motorsports. I used to use hamilton Yamaha but switch because of distance. Their number is 302-655-5153. Ask for Jim. He is the owner and tell him I told you to call. They are smaller shop but you are talking to the guy who is turnings the wrenches. The other tech is CJ. Very very nice people and are not backed up to that degree. Kinda like a family aptmosphere.....................

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    How long did you have the Solas on before it started to do this? I just put mine one a week ago and put the green cone on it, is this a common problem or just an isolated incident?
    It did it from the time I put it on. I couldnt get 5-10 minutes of running. If you have yours on and it is fine for the first run you should be fiine. I KNOW I am not the only one but I dont think it is always happening BUT somehow I got a bad one..............there was definatly something wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DooVa View Post
    I think some people had problems cavitaiting using the metal one when they first came out and a realized that using the stock rubber nose fixed it.

Thread Information