Hey Guys! Thinking about polaris again!!! 99 slx

Hey everyone!

I found a 99 slx that is in immaculate condition less then 20 minutes from my house, and is on a VERY NICE triton alumium trailer. Now, I recently sold my 97 yamaha gp1200, so I'm in the market for a comparable ski. I loved my sl780, but way to slow for me. How does this ski compare to my gp that I just sold as far as:

Fuel economy
    Storage
    accleration
    top speed
    handling
    reliability

..anything else you can think to compare?

I am really interested in hearing your replys.. so far I'm reading it should do over 60mph easily.. well my gp only did 60 once in a blue moon.. is that correct? It's faster then a 1200cc gp?

EDIT: It's the 1050cc engine btw yellow and white ski...

I look forward to your replys and thanks in advance!
    Jared

Oh yeah, let's throw this up in the air too.. another ski I was considering was a 2001 kawasaki ultra 150 (145 horses). How would it compare to it in stock form?

Keep in mind guys that I will be saving A HUGE amount of money if I decide to get the slx, leaving ample room for some upgrades. So with limited upgrades, would I be in the same area?

I loved my older polaris I just recently sold.. I know they are reliable.. and this ski only has 37 hours!!! Has always been covered, and looks absolutely brand new. Oh and did I mention it is only 20 minutes from me.

I just don't want to be dissapointed, coming from a very recent ski.. my 97 gp1200... that is all... else I'm looking into other gp1200's and ultras but they are almost twice as expeinsive as I can get this slx for.

I graciously await your responses!

Jared

My two cents on the SLX is that they handle very poorly in the chop and will not stay hooked up. I know that they do have some low end punch though. The Ultra also handles bad in the chop but you will have way more top end speed and way more aftermarket parts available. Plus, their are alot of Ultra lovers out there that can make these things flat out run. I like the Ultra myself, very nimble and quick. Just not sure about the Polaris, I had a SL 1050 and did like it until I rode a GPR. Just my two cents.

Oh yeah, rode a gpr... loved it. Too big for my tastes though, but handles like a dream. What about compared to a regular gp1200? Remember, I just recently sold my all stock 97 gp1200 (notorious for bad rough water handling and porposing) but I was happy with the way it handled. Will the SLX be too far off? Speed is faster slower? I will have an over $1000 budget after getting this ski to play around with grates ride plates etc... what about it's handling then?

Thank you for your reply. The ultra I was looking at was nice, but i has some cosmetic issues, which I don't like.. it is cracked a little in the front, not structural, but simple fiberglass replair. Plus it goes 65mph and will cost me way over $1000 more then this SLX.. is it really that much better? Also looking at a 99 gp1200 with a rebuilt engine which I alm leery of. Also will cost me well over $1000 more then the SLX...

What do you guys think?

Jared

LOL nevermind! My luck never fails... someone bought it before I could find out enough information on it to convince me to buy it. So, I'm back to looking for ultras and gp1200's in my price range....

I emailed the seller to let him know I was very interested if the other guy did not follow through.. but I'm sure he will.

Jared

Thread Information